New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

DNG with a 1998

Old 04-08-2018, 05:21 PM

DNG with a 1998

Just got a 1998 Z-28, after my old Trans Am was stolen and stripped. Wouldn't want life to get dull, or anything.

So, retired old fart (read that as teenager at heart), and still only good at not getting caught. Fast cars, fast bikes, and a hang glider pilot (for the last forty years, anyway). If somebody says "mid-life crisis" to me, I tell them "Yeah, it started when I was 16 on a Ducati, and hasn't quit yet."

Came here to learn a few things, certainly, and maybe meet some new friends.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:44 AM

Re: DNG with a 1998

Welcome to the board!
Old 04-10-2018, 01:59 AM
Former Vendor

Sounds like a sweet purchase for you, congratulations! We love pics here, share some.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:34 AM

Hey, thanks for the welcome, guys! As for pix, my Z-28 is bone stock, inside and out. My pix would look like an old showroom dealership ad (and that ain't bad at all, to me).

Now everybody brings joy, some by arriving, and some by departing. I come to share a bit, here. Now I do like the Gen4 F-bodies, Trans Am or Camaro, but I have one minor gripe. They managed to put the driver's chest belt right down the side of my neck, and I was always trying to use my collar to ease the rub. I wanted a seatbelt extension that lengthens the receiving end of the belt system, but the aftermarket extenders that I found were crap, with a steel cable inside. I know from my hang gliding ('way back in the bad old days of HG) that webbing belts can accept a shock load that would snap a heavy steel cable. Anyway, I saw just what I wanted, hanging on the wall at the dealer's Parts Department. Bracing myself for more dealership pricing, I asked "How much?"
FREE for the asking! GM considers this item to be a safety requirement! They handed me one !! . . .
They come in two lengths, 9" and maybe 15". The 9" item is almost too long, but it does the job. I just flip the extender over the center console when I disconnect the center buckle, so it does not get lost. I'd only take the long one if I was planning to have it shortened anyway. Rock climbers and skydivers will know certified riggers who can do such work correctly.