New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New Here: Air Conditioner problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 09:25 PM

New Here: Air Conditioner problem

I wanted to say hello from Houston Texas, I have a red with black top Camaro Z 28 1995 model, she has 25,020 miles original on odometer, my father and I bought her new in 1994 November for mothers retirement present... it looks is like new because she sits all the time.
well I decided 2 weeks ago to put the beast as a sunday driver for good now, so I got a battery after a 3 year sit and no run, got new fresh fuel, checked all the fluids changing the oil and adding new antifreeze and she started right up... but she was running bad I guess injectors where a little dirty, I added fuel treatment STP cleaner and after about 3 10 minutes starts she started running much better, half tank of fuel later she runs tops again, good enough to pass inspection.
Problem: the AC was low on freon so I added some after start up, I filled system and no dice hot air only... then I read a tread here that said that sometimes you have to disconnect battery to clear the computer from having message of Freon being too low... I did it and my god that was it!!!! immediate cold air :-) . now I cat even find the thread to tell the guy thanks a lot for great advice....
any how thank you all for advice
Old 05-25-2017, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Re: New Here: Air Conditioner problem

Welcome to the site!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 PM

but I do have a leak for sure, I have to figure out what gave up
Old 05-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Administrator

If you are looking for "tech" assistance, best thing to do is post in one of the tech forums. Not many people come here to "New Member Intro" to offer tech help. "General 1967 - 2002 F-Body Tech" forum is generally good for A/C problems.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:09 PM

Thanks
Old 05-30-2017, 03:55 AM
Former Vendor

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to have all your questions answered by many experts on here. Ask away if you are looking for any advice.