CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   New Member Introduction (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/new-member-introduction-118/)
-   -   hey hey hey (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/new-member-introduction-118/hey-hey-hey-881209/)

thenewkid 11-18-2014 08:03 PM

hey hey hey

Sorry, I hadn't looked into this section sooner.

I'm 23 years old in the process of moving if my car would ever behave. She runs like a champ but I've definitely noticed some power loss since I've owned it (KR?) anyway I've had to pull the heads and intake twice now for various reasons but I'm going to try to start it again tomorrow.

Oh yeah. The good stuff:
1994 Z28 LT1 (stock rotating assembly)/ 4L60e
•Moroso Cold Air Intake
•52mm Throttle Body
•Hypertech Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Reworked GM heads: .010 surface grind, bowl blend, 2 angle VJ, minor port/ polish, gasket matched
-Mr. Gasket .026 head gaskets
-ARP head/ intake bolts
•Crane Energizer 1.6 roller rockers
•MSD 6AL Ignition
•MSD Coil
-MSD wires
-MSD vented opti
•Edelbrock Headers
•Magnaflow Catback; no cat
•3.42 rear
•CSR Water Pump
•Hypertech 180 degree thermostat/fans programmed to come on early
•Tuning PCM for less - LT4 Knock Module installed in pcm already
•DMS Motorsports Performance Lowering Springs
•Lakewood Rear Lower Control Arms
•Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
•Edelbrock Panhard Bar
•Custom 3000 stall converter
•CPT Transmission “Race” rebuild
•B&M Transmission Cooler
•Front 1LE Sway Bar
-Corvette Rally's :chevy:

blac94Z 11-21-2014 01:28 PM

Re: hey hey hey

sounds like it runs good where are you locted ?

Not Dave 11-21-2014 04:14 PM

Welcome to the site!

Power loss since you owned it? How long has that been? Has the computer adjusted and added more ignition retard due to sensed knock or do upgraded tunes lock in a a specific advance/retard?

thenewkid 11-21-2014 09:31 PM

She runs like a beast, especially since the heads were redone. Stock cam. The Valve job gave me a little better MPG. Also, I found out it was running rough because I drove it for awhile without a tune. 8 new spark plugs and a pcm update helped a lot. I'm trying to find a used scanmaster to see any KR or other abnormalities.

Oh yeah KC Kansas atm but on my way to Corpus Christ TX
too cold for me haha

blac94Z 11-23-2014 07:42 PM

sound good man I can't wait until I get all the kinks out of my 94 (just bought it) the last owner wasn't the maintenance type so I'm running into a couple problems here and there but other that the car runs pretty smooth, I going to be doing a ls swap in March so I gotta say bye bye to ltx
but I did find a couple good scan codes on eBay for our obd1 for around 30$

Injuneer 11-27-2014 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by blac94Z (Post 6970665)
sound good man I can't wait until I get all the kinks out of my 94 (just bought it) the last owner wasn't the maintenance type so I'm running into a couple problems here and there but other that the car runs pretty smooth, I going to be doing a ls swap in March so I gotta say bye bye to ltx
but I did find a couple good scan codes on eBay for our obd1 for around 30$

Make sure you are not looking at the Actron 9001 GM code scanner. It will only work on a 93 LT1. It will NOT work on your 94 or on a 95. Basically, the 9001 is just a simple switch that shorts the pins in the ALDL connector, making the ECM flash the codes on the SES light. If you owned a 93, you could do the same thing with a paper clip. REPEAT - IT WILL NOT WORK ON 94/95. Actually says it will on the box, but it won't.