New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

new member here

Old 07-10-2018, 07:56 PM
ceh

new member here

not sure if in the right place to ask this question but i will try and see what happens. i am thinking about buyin 2002 Z28 CAMARO ITS REGISTERED AS A INDY 500 CAR THE LADY SAYS SHE AS A CARD AND # TO PROVE A PACE CAR. ITS GOT 122,000 ON IT VERY CLEAN ADULT OWNED, WHEN THE GUY BOUGHT THE CAR HE HAD THE INDY GRAPHICS ALONG THE FULL SIDE OF CAR ONLY LEFT A SMALL OVAL STICKER ON IT, I BEEN TRYING TO SEE IF THAT GRAPHIC I STILL CAN GET, NO LUCK SO FAR DOES THAT HURT THE VALUE OF THE CAR BEING A INDY 500 CAR? ANY IDEA WHAT THE CAR IS WORTH, LIKE I SAID VERY CLEAN AND NEW TOP ITS A CONVERTIBLE. SILVER COLOR BLACK INSIDE. SHE SAID IT AS SOME OIL LEAKS NOT SURE WHERE HAVENT LOOKED YET BUT SHE SAID TAKING TO DEALERSHIP SHE BE SPENDING AROUND A $1,000 TO FIX. WHAT MIGHT THE VALUE BE ON THIS CAR AND LIKE I ASKED SINCE GRAPHIC TAKEN OFF DOES THAT HURT THE PRICE?
THANKS SO MUCH
Old 07-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Re: new member here

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com ! ! !

The Indy 500 cars always get confusing. The actual 2002 Indy 500 Pace Cars were three 2003 dark red Corvettes. Then there were “Festival” cars that were used by track officials, dignitaries, and celebrities. There were 62 2002 Camaro Z28 silver convertibles, and additional Corvettes.

This article may help you:

Indypacecars.com - 2002 pace car, Chevy Corvette

This site has pictures of the Camaros:

2002 Camaro Z28 Convertible Festival Cars at 2002 Indy 500 - Topic

There is also an Indy event called the Brickyard 400, and Camaros have been Pace cars and Festival cars. But you indicate you are looking at an Indy 500 car, so this is just additional info.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:47 PM
ceh

I would like to thank you for imfo, very nice of you. Still like to know if the graphics where removed and i cant get them anymore does it hurt the value of the car.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Phoenix Graphics is licensed by GM, and has a wide selection of graphics available. They have the decals for the 2002 Corvette Pace Cars, but I don’t see the Festival car graphics on their site.

Here's a link to another site, where a post mentions getting a replacement set of Festival car graphics made by “the Graphics place in Farmington Hills that printed them and put them on at the Indy track.....”. There is also some discussion of price, but the thread is five years old. As noted in the thread, high mileage is a problem.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...car-worth.html
Old 07-11-2018, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by ceh
like to know if the graphics where removed and i cant get them anymore does it hurt the value of the car.
You have to keep in mind, many people think of these cars as just a Camaro with "stickers". The value of being used at Indy only seems to appeals to a small group of people. To this group, having the graphics will matter and increase the value of the car.

The graphics could be still available if the original supplier has not depleted their inventory. They will only sell the graphics if the VIN of your car matches their list of cars that received the graphics at the track. This is done at Chevrolet's request. Some of the graphics were made in house and may be able to be reproduced on demand, but the stripes and door logos were not. I was told you would have to order at least two hundred sets before they would reproduce them and the cost would be several hundred dollars or more
per set, plus set up cost. Note: (This was for the stripes used on 1998 Brickyard and I'm assuming the same would be true here.) The original supplier is Graphik Concepts in Farmington Hills, MI. If you call them, they should be able to tell you if the graphics are still available.

If you're interested in some background on these cars, the article below from Camaro World Magazine has the most information. The article was written by Scott Settlemire and Howard Kirchenbauer, both involved in ordering the cars and their use while at the track.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r05gcc...W6_03.pdf/file

Last edited by peterpar; 07-11-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Here's a link to another site, where a post mentions getting a replacement set of Festival car graphics made by “the Graphics place in Farmington Hills that printed them and put them on at the Indy track.....”. There is also some discussion of price, but the thread is five years old. As noted in the thread, high mileage is a problem.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...car-worth.html
What a small world we live in. A friend of mine had bought this car a few years ago and was just contacted by the first owner wanting to know if the car was for sale. He explained he had traced the car through Carfax to find him. The friend was going the Camaro Nationals this year and on the trip home stopped to show the car to the original owner. After opening the door to trailer and seeing the car again, the first owner knew he wanted the car back. The parties agreed on a price and the car stayed with the original owner.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:04 PM
ceh

i want to thank everyone for writing me and giving very good imfo

thanks so much