N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Not sure where to put the NX nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Not sure where to put the NX nozzle

I not sure where to put my NX shark nozzle. I have a LT1 with a polished vortec elbow and a moroso cold air intake. I was told to keep the nozzle after the MAF. Is that true. I don't want to drill the aluminum elbow if I don't have to.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:46 PM

yeah after the MAP is where it needs to be sucks but yup
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 PM

So where do I drill the whole. I thought I read something about it having to be so many inches away from the throttle body.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 93FIRETURD
yeah after the MAP is where it needs to be sucks but yup
I would not recommend mounting an N2O nozzle "after the MAP sensor".

Wrong forum for the topic... there are people/vendors on the "N2O Tech" forum who can help you. Moving......
Old 07-18-2009, 07:02 AM

Sorry I thought I would get a faster response in LT1 forum. I'm in the middle of the install and would like to get this mounted. I posted it in the N2O section too. Should it be pointed right at the throttle body or just after the maf before the bend into the throttle body?
thanks

Last edited by stephenpen; 07-18-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by stephenpen
Sorry I thought I would get a faster response in LT1 forum. I'm in the middle of the install and would like to get this mounted. I posted it in the N2O section too. Should it be pointed right at the throttle body or just after the map before the bend into the throttle body?
thanks
Second time the "map" sensor has been mentioned. Do you realize that's the manifold absolute pressure sensor that sticks down into the top of the intake manifold?

For a wet setup, I would not put the nozzle between the MAF sensor and the bend in the intake elbow. As the air/N2O/fuel mixture turns the corner, its going to cause the atomized fuel to impinge on the outer wall of the bend, and run along the outside edge of the elbow. Locating it in the straight section, as far in front of the throttle body as possible, directly on and aimed at the centerline of the throttle body will give you the most uniform distribution.

Maybe the people who actually use wet systems will have a different opinion.... I run a dry system.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:24 PM

I removed the intake elbow to drill a hole for the shark nozzle and got a little surprize. There is a divider in the middle of the elbow making it very hard to aim the nozzle at the center of the TB. I might have to run a nozzle on each side. Thats going to look like a mess of braided hoses Any ideas
Old 07-20-2009, 02:29 PM

You could buy a TrickFlow elbow. I'd do that before having all those lines looking like a rats nest. Or upgrade to a plate, Nitro Daves Nitrous Outlet has a very nice one.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Administrator

I forgot about the dividing wall in the Vortech elbow. When we were installing my setup, we actually found a spare Vortech elbow and machined the dividing wall out of it (2000 - before the availability of the Trick Flow). We still didn't like what we ended up with, including the fairly small cross-section of the Vortech. Instead, we just used a ram air box, with the dry nozzles in the outlet - but I don't run an MAF sensor.

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03746a.jpg

You could use two smaller nozzles, one on each side of the dividing wall. Put the nozzles on the bottom and it won't look as cluttered.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:01 PM

I was already looking at your setup. It looks clean. I might try and find a good deal on a plate but money is tight. I tried using the air temp sensor hole and pointing the nozzle to the center of the throttle body. But there is no way to bolt it in on that angle. I was going to high temp silicon it in there but i don't think its the right way to do it.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM

You either need a new elbow or modify the one you have it sounds like. I ran a duel nozzel setup on my LS1 lid conversion. I drilled it right into the rubber grommet that fed into the TB. Just use common sense on the placement, not too close, as centered as possible to the TB. With the duel nozzels, I had one pointing directly into each barrel of the TB.

System worked nice and never had any issues with it.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:48 AM

I'm waiting to hear back on a new elbow from someone on the forum. That keeps things clean and alot less nitrous lines to route. I mounted everything under the Rad Cover between the rad and hood latch. This way you can't even tell its there. I hope to mount the nozzle on the under side of the elbow.