Mountain Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

AZFBA Cruise to Bagdad 4/25/2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 PM

AZFBA Cruise to Bagdad 4/25/2009

For most current details please check out the link.

http://www.azfba.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=19296

Here is the general breakdown of the day:

Itinerary:
-9am South & East siders meet up at AZ Mills Malls on south side off of Baseline Rd
-9:30am South & East siders head out to Deer Valley Park to Meet up with North & West siders
-10am West siders meet up at Deer Valley Park
-10:30am Everybody heads out for the cruise
-1:30 to 2:00pm pull into Bagdad for lunch
-3:00pm head out on the rest of the cruise and to the 83rd Ave car show
-5:30pm pull into Car show

For those interested in Saturday night drag racing at Speedworld after a dinner break at the car show:
-7:30pm head out to Speedworld for drag racing.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 AM

I will be there for this cruise and drags. I can't wait.

Quick question for you David, since I am coming from Yuma, should I just meet you guys at Deer Valley Park?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by EnFuegoZ28
I will be there for this cruise and drags. I can't wait.

Quick question for you David, since I am coming from Yuma, should I just meet you guys at Deer Valley Park?
Depends which way you come into town. If you can make it into town early enough it would be easier to take the alternate route from Gila Bend to Maricopa and hop on the I-10 and meet us at Arizona Mills. I think it will seem like less of a drive to get here that way too.

You bringing anyone else up with you?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 96azhawk
Depends which way you come into town. If you can make it into town early enough it would be easier to take the alternate route from Gila Bend to Maricopa and hop on the I-10 and meet us at Arizona Mills. I think it will seem like less of a drive to get here that way too.

You bringing anyone else up with you?

I'm going to take the 8E to AZ85 then to the 10. I'll just meet you at AZ mills then. I didn't know which "side" you were.

This should be interesting. I get off work at 3am then head out to Phx for the cruise probably around 6:30. My car is going to look like *** for the cruise. I won't have time to wash it after I get there. Oh well.

Yes, I am bringing my girlfriend up there with me. I am also trying to get a couple of Camaros to make the trip with us, but I don't think they will make it.

Quick racing question:

Do I need a DS loop to run?? My Z doesn't have a tunnel brace on it. It looks like the previous owner ran a curb and tweaked the mounting points for it and never tried to fix it. Is this something I need to try to fix to pass tech? Anything else besides a helmet needed?

Last edited by EnFuegoZ28; 03-31-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 PM

I'm going to take the 8E to AZ85 then to the 10. I'll just meet you at AZ mills then. I didn't know which "side" you were.

This should be interesting. I get off work at 3am then head out to Phx for the cruise probably around 6:30. My car is going to look like *** for the cruise. I won't have time to wash it after I get there. Oh well.

Yes, I am bringing my girlfriend up there with me. I am also trying to get a couple of Camaros to make the trip with us, but I don't think they will make it.

Quick racing question:

Do I need a DS loop to run?? My Z doesn't have a tunnel brace on it. It looks like the previous owner ran a curb and tweaked the mounting points for it and never tried to fix it. Is this something I need to try to fix to pass tech? Anything else besides a helmet needed?
Sounds like a really long day for you. Depending on my schedule, maybe we can find a drive in car wash in the area and I will help you touch up your car.

Who is your girlfriend? Did she go to our high school too?

How fast do you need to tech for? If you just need to tech for 11.5 or slower, you pretty much just need a helmet and for your other basics to be covered. Battery hold down is good and not wobbly, seat belts work, lug nuts are all there, non bald tires, etc.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM

Sounds like a really long day for you. Depending on my schedule, maybe we can find a drive in car wash in the area and I will help you touch up your car.

Who is your girlfriend? Did she go to our high school too?

How fast do you need to tech for? If you just need to tech for 11.5 or slower, you pretty much just need a helmet and for your other basics to be covered. Battery hold down is good and not wobbly, seat belts work, lug nuts are all there, non bald tires, etc.
Yeah it will be a long day, but worth it. My g/f went to Yuma High, C/O 95.

My Z is pretty much stock (see sig). I'll be overjoyed to hit 13's

Everything you listed I am good with.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 02:32 PM

Yeah it will be a long day, but worth it. My g/f went to Yuma High, C/O 95.

My Z is pretty much stock (see sig). I'll be overjoyed to hit 13's

Everything you listed I am good with.

Thanks
Did your girl know a chick named Saray? She was a friend of mine back in the day.

13’s shouldn’t be terribly difficult with a mild stall and a good running car. You can even run up to 14.0 without a helmet.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM

Did your girl know a chick named Saray? She was a friend of mine back in the day.

13’s shouldn’t be terribly difficult with a mild stall and a good running car. You can even run up to 14.0 without a helmet.
I'll ask her about Saray.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for 13's. I would love if my car hit around 13.6-13.8 and trap ~102.

Hey I can dream right.