CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/midwest-17/)
-   -   trans (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/midwest-17/trans-322551/)

1BAD86Z 12-03-2004 11:52 AM

trans

hey cory , you said you have to manually down shift it? sounds like the govenour is sticking. had 1 go bad on brother inlaws 700-r4, $10.00 fix maybe.

IROC5.7TPI 12-03-2004 02:02 PM

Re: trans

WRONG TOPIC THERE BUD ;)

But yeah it could be as simple as the governor but if its got a lot of miles on it it might be on its death bed :(

99TransAmWS6 12-03-2004 02:16 PM

it has miles on it mike.. But i just cant seem to think its the trans!! It was weird..i drove the car all day..went out to dinner..came back out an hr later..and it started acting up..now if the trans went..im thinking i woulda saw signs of it happening. Now i dont HAVE to manually shift it..but if i go into 1st from it being parked..and drive off..it seems normal.

IROC5.7TPI 12-03-2004 04:58 PM

Did u check the fluid? Sounds like a clogged up filter. In the winter the trans fluid gets thicker like oil and its hard for it to circulate thru the trans when its cold...

And just a tip: No matter where you take it for a filter change they're going to try and tell u it needs a trans. Too many shady trans guys around here :mad:

I don't have anywhere to do it but possibly Scott could help you out?
How about it Scott? Expand your horizons ;)

99TransAmWS6 12-03-2004 06:54 PM

i did check the fluid..which was alittle low..put some new stuff in..didnt do the filter yet though..i could do it at my house..just looking for any other possibilities

IrocSS85 12-03-2004 07:37 PM

cory, what car is this in? your daily driver? I can change the fluid/filter for ya at work but I cant do side jobs like that there anymore. normally I would do it at my house, but my freetime is still soaked up working on my house, and the daily crap that always needs to be done. Im not a trans guy, but typically by the time they start acting up, there too far gone. even if a filter change fixes it or makes it better now, that means you were driving around with it at only partial fluid press. and the clutches are prolly on there last leg. if its a gm car my trans guy at work can hook ya up with a straight deal.

chris

99TransAmWS6 12-03-2004 09:16 PM

Chris its a 95 Grand Prix Se 3.1 motor..automatic..Let me know what your buddy could possibly cost me..id appreciate it.

kandied91z 12-03-2004 11:34 PM

let me know what you end up doing with the cory... i'd like to have my gtp checked out before it starts happening since it's getting some mileage now.

:)

1BAD86Z 12-04-2004 12:08 AM

I don't have anywhere to do it but possibly Scott could help you out?
How about it Scott? Expand your horizons ;)[/QUOTE]

i got enough to worry about, axles in f-bodys keep me busy. :D

kandied91z 12-04-2004 12:32 AM

at least you've moved on to axles in stead of rear-ends...

:D

scott when you get some time pm me your number, i had to get a new phone and don't have any of my old numbers anymore.

:)