Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

T-5 Days and counting until opening day

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 AM

T-5 Days and counting until opening day

Season opener at Raceway Park NJ this saturday. Imports vs domestics bracket race. Pony has finally freed himself from the frozen glacier that was in front of my house. Snow and ice are being transformed to runoff. I actually drove the car to work today. All I need to do is to throw on the drag radials. Everything else is still in the trunk from last season. I'm not going to check the weather until Friday. I really hope to be able to race this weekend after the long cold winter. My wife is actually backing the entry fees and costs to race for the next 2 months. Talk about being pressured by a "sponser" to show results. lol.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM

So, what kind of stickers is Linda making you run in return for the sponsorship $$?

I'm not ready for opening day yet. We need more time.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
So, what kind of stickers is Linda making you run in return for the sponsorship $$?

I'm not ready for opening day yet. We need more time.

Linda's contigenty stickers are not on the car. She is expecting a return on her investment. Hope to take a chunk of Atco's $$$ on Aug 7th and 8th.
I'm actually taking the mustang out early this year and hope to move into the firebird by late spring-early summer. Numidia is throwing some $$$ ($2.5 and $5 foot break) out there late May and early June. I'm testing the waters in sportsman racing this year. Were both out of work and I have nothing better to do. lol. Looking to make some suplemental income
Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by kazman
Linda's contigenty stickers are not on the car. She is expecting a return on her investment. Hope to take a chunk of Atco's $$$ on Aug 7th and 8th.
I'm actually taking the mustang out early this year and hope to move into the firebird by late spring-early summer. Numidia is throwing some $$$ ($2.5 and $5 foot break) out there late May and early June. I'm testing the waters in sportsman racing this year. Were both out of work and I have nothing better to do. lol. Looking to make some suplemental income
What class? I'm going to try out Super Street.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 AM

What class? I'm going to try out Super Street.

My bad using "sportsman" racing. duah. Just going to try to make some additional $$$$ racing. I'm using the weekly brackets as practice and hope to get a payday at the local big money races. Plans are to hit the 3 big ones at Atco, Cecil and Maple. I might venture out to Bristol to check out the big boys (from the stands lol). You don't have to wait for the race car to be done. Street at Atco has been won in the past by a real street car.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 AM

Yeah, we'll see. My Malibu is pretty slow.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM

Yeah, we'll see. My Malibu is pretty slow.

If you run pro you'll see some great wheelies in your mirror from mid track.