CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Middle Atlantic (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/middle-atlantic-30/)
-   -   ATCO 7/28/05?? anyone going (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/middle-atlantic-30/atco-7-28-05-anyone-going-385081/)

Bow94z 07-24-2005 08:58 PM

ATCO 7/28/05?? anyone going

Im heading down to atco this thursday night
Any one else going down??
Thur July 28 430pm Muffled Street Cars & Motorcycles/No Time OK

What does the "No Time OK" mean?

WildThing94Z 07-25-2005 12:29 PM

Re: ATCO 7/28/05?? anyone going

I'm pretty sure that the "No time Ok" means that you can run and they will not display your 1/4 time on the display . . .but it will be on your time slip. Some people choose that so people they race don't know how fast they are.

I might be able to go. What time are you heading out?

Does anyone know if they have a decibel requirement? My car is muffled, but far from quiet.

Bow94z 07-25-2005 06:56 PM

um, i just know that you need a muffler to run on thursday night, so i dont see why not. i was gonna cruise down with some stangs and "narlydude" on the board here prolly around 5-530. Since you live right down the street from me, we should just meet up and have just us fbodys go down....but let me know if you seriously wanna go, cause i kno its suppose to pretty cool wheather wise on thursday and it should be a nice night to run.
Have you ran your car yet? talk to me on AIM if you want...bow94z28, or just PM or something

BAD97SS 07-25-2005 08:04 PM

Don't worry about the noise level at Atco. My car is very loud and they don't give me a hard time. I've lost count of how many times I been there.

zmanlt1 07-25-2005 11:57 PM

I'll be there running on thursday. I have a grudge match against a 2000 Mustang GT. I don't think they have any noise restriction as long as you are muffled.

myslowcamaro 07-26-2005 06:08 AM

do they consider a bullet muffler as an actual muffler? if so, maybe ill swing by.

Bow94z 07-26-2005 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by zmanlt1
I'll be there running on thursday. I have a grudge match against a 2000 Mustang GT. I don't think they have any noise restriction as long as you are muffled.

Alright cool, i'll look out for u. How do the grudge races work, just tell them and they will reserve the lanes for the race? i hope the GT has some work done because he needs a prayer :lol:
i think i might line up against a 99 Cobra, but we'll see what happens

Originally Posted by myslowcamaro
do they consider a bullet muffler as an actual muffler? if so, maybe ill swing by.

I dont see why not, its still a muffler, i doubt they will be checking...i would like to hear your car too :bow:

WildThing94Z 07-26-2005 12:10 PM

Yes, I'm running mufflers . . . if that is what you wanna call them. 24" Dynomax bullets.

I had a bad poly trans mount let go last night, but I have a new one on the way from Summit and it may be here tomorrow. So I "should" be able to go. I usually get stuff from them in 2 days. 20 minute swap and I'm ready.

Bow - I'm not on AIM, but I did reply to your PM. Just give me a call later and let me know where you guys are gonna meet up and we can ride down together. It'll take me a while to get there . . . 3k rpm's at 55mph is my cruising speed :(

I'm curious as to what this tranny / motor combo is gonna run ;)

myslowcamaro 07-26-2005 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by bow94z
I dont see why not, its still a muffler, i doubt they will be checking...i would like to hear your car too :bow:

i never been to the track yet, so im just curious on my time. my car is mostly all bark and no bite right now. especially with 2.73 in the rear. i do ok on some launches but i come on strong later. ok, count me in.

zmanlt1 07-26-2005 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by bow94z
Alright cool, i'll look out for u. How do the grudge races work, just tell them and they will reserve the lanes for the race? i hope the GT has some work done because he needs a prayer :lol:
i think i might line up against a 99 Cobra, but we'll see what happens

Cool my car is a Dark green 94 that says "Ellas performance" on the windshield. The Mustang has some work and is pretty quick, but I know my car will school that ford down the track.
:cool: