Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Anyone have some nice wheels/tires for sale?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Anyone have some nice wheels/tires for sale?

Ok, I'm working on a trade deal with someone for my car. The car I would be getting is a 2000 Z28, Only thing the owner does not want to give up the wheels/tires currently on it so.... We are looking for something as a replacement. Prefer to be a nice polished or chrome wheel, must be minimum 17" with good rubber. I am open to just about anything right now. If you know anyone or you have some you want to unload please let me know !!! Pics would be a big benifit as well!

Brian
Old 07-08-2010, 02:41 PM

I almost contacted you earlier this week to ask if you wanted to sell your car rolling but I think I remember you specifically saying you would NOT pull the motor.

I ended up with a 94 Mustang GT roller that we're dropping my motor and trans in so I can go racing. I can't wait!! Then, when my nova is eventually back together, we'll sell the mustang rolling... or maybe turn key.

I can't help with the wheels though.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:12 PM

yeah thats my problem... I dont have time to go racing I also don't have time to pull the motor...
Sam broke his finger last week and we have been busy at work. Trying to refi the house and trade the car all at the same time. Been a little nuts around here I don't remember the last time I had time to go racing. I did however take the car out last weekend and leave some big fat black lines in front of my neighbors house!!!

Looks like right now this deal will be good. I'll lose my car and everything with it but I will be getting an 00 Z28, 6speed with only 33k on the clock. He has some wheels on it he doesnt want to give up and I'm not stuck on them so I told him to keep em. However we are now both just looking for something worthy of a nice car to put back on Maybe some ZR1's or some C5 take off's, really just a nicely polished or good looking wheel...

whats up with the nova? Still a little banged up from the accident?

Last edited by Projectz28; 07-08-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 AM

Still under construction. It's been tough finding time to work on it (OT) and when there is time, it's 120+ degrees in the garage. It's not really fun work so motivation is hard to find too.

We decided to get something to drop my motor and trans in so I can go racing next week. I can't wait!

Good luck with your trade. I'm sure you'll be happy with a more streetable car!

Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
Still under construction. It's been tough finding time to work on it (OT) and when there is time, it's 120+ degrees in the garage. It's not really fun work so motivation is hard to find too.

We decided to get something to drop my motor and trans in so I can go racing next week. I can't wait!

Good luck with your trade. I'm sure you'll be happy with a more streetable car!

Will there be a Mustang running at Super Chevy at the Grove?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by kazman
Will there be a Mustang running at Super Chevy at the Grove?
As long as it goes down the track at Atco Thursday night.

I'll be hanging with Martinelli and his Chevy powered Ford.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:40 AM

ive got, 1 nitto front right directional wheel in like 235? 17 size if you want it, bought as an emergency use spare for my brother, it just sits int he garage taking up space liek my old Schwinn.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
ive got, 1 nitto front right directional wheel in like 235? 17 size if you want it, bought as an emergency use spare for my brother, it just sits int he garage taking up space liek my old Schwinn.
thanks but I need a full set of wheels and tires for all 4 corners
Old 07-10-2010, 11:38 AM

I am going to be putting these up for sale within the next few weeks if your interested.

Name:  CIMG0260.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  187.8 KB

Name:  CIMG0265.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  180.1 KB
Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 PM

sure would be but I need something now. When you say a few weeks do you mean like next week?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:24 PM

Well if I know I have a buyer lined up for these wheels, it may give me some motivation to actually order my new wheels already ha.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 PM

Bri, if time is an issue, I have a full set of 16" stock rims with tires you can borrow until you find the rims that you want. They just came off the Trans and I have them readied for when I need to sign the street in front of my neighbor's houses....
Old 07-11-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
Well if I know I have a buyer lined up for these wheels, it may give me some motivation to actually order my new wheels already ha.

give me some details... are they gm ZR1's? replica's? what size? what tire? tires any good? wanna trade the whole car? I love the Red SS!

Originally Posted by 97TransAm
Bri, if time is an issue, I have a full set of 16" stock rims with tires you can borrow until you find the rims that you want. They just came off the Trans and I have them readied for when I need to sign the street in front of my neighbor's houses....
Ron, thanks buddy I will keep you in mind we are trying to find a nice wheel and tire to put on it that I would want to keep on it for right now. I will certainly hate to see my car go but it could be fun with a new ride.

Last edited by Projectz28; 07-11-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:49 AM

Well the wheels came on the car when I bought it, and the car is currently in the shop getting the rear set up. I can get you more details when I get the car back this week. I'm not sure if they are replicas or GM (I would assume replicas), and all four are 9.5" wide. The rear tires are MT DRs, and the fronts are Goodyears (I forget the model). I believe the tread is below 50%. The price on the package would be $550. I can get more info when the car gets out of the shop.

I would like to keep the rest of the car though.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
Well the wheels came on the car when I bought it, and the car is currently in the shop getting the rear set up. I can get you more details when I get the car back this week. I'm not sure if they are replicas or GM (I would assume replicas), and all four are 9.5" wide. The rear tires are MT DRs, and the fronts are Goodyears (I forget the model). I believe the tread is below 50%. The price on the package would be $550. I can get more info when the car gets out of the shop.

I would like to keep the rest of the car though.
yeah let me know, basically wheels and tires are the only thing holding up my trade deal with this other car. The look like GM ZR1's which could have been stock on that car I don't think the 10 spokes hade come out till the following year.

I think you should part with the rest of the car as well, honestly... It would be so much nicer the have that sweet SS in MY garage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have some nice wheels/tires for sale?