CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   New times with scorpion rockers and tune (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/new-times-scorpion-rockers-tune-308168/)

Kreinmc 10-09-2004 07:26 PM

New times with scorpion rockers and tune

Well I am kinda disappointed in the way the car ran with the tune, but I still ran a new best. I had the pcm tuned by pcmforless really to have the revlimiter bumped up so I could shift the car higher in the first few gears, but I let him put a tune in it to get whatever power he could out of it. Car runs stronger in the first 1/8 of the track but dies off on the top end. I had him tune the car for lt's as well so maybe the car is just running lean up top until I get them installed? Only ran a few times since my clutch is on the way out, but here is my best time.

r/t .000 :P first ever perfect light
60' 2.253
1/8 9.011
mph 83.33
1/4 13.78
mph 103.64

previous best was
60' 2.24
1/8 ?
mph 81.5
1/4 13.85
mph 103.6

Ran the same mph even with a 2 mph increase in the 1/8. I am pretty sure I can attribute the 1/8 mph increase to shifting the first few gears much higher and not from added power.

"White Knight" 10-09-2004 10:04 PM

Re: New times with scorpion rockers and tune

I didn't see any gain with a Pcm4less tune either. I'm not saying it didn't do anything, but i didn't see a gain. I have other problems more than likely. Dyno would be my only way to tell if i gained, cause i think my tranny is slipping.

fireman 10-10-2004 12:04 AM

My PCMFL tune was way lean, you probably need to richen it up a bit.

slimdawson 10-10-2004 12:13 AM

You may be running into false knock with the rrs.

Also, if he really did tune for lts, it is more than likely running rich. He would have richened the tune for the extra scavenging the lts provide, but since they aren't on there yet, the engine can't take advantage.

Kreinmc 10-10-2004 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by White Knight
I didn't see any gain with a Pcm4less tune either. I'm not saying it didn't do anything, but i didn't see a gain. I have other problems more than likely. Dyno would be my only way to tell if i gained, cause i think my tranny is slipping.

Yeah, I would still think I would have gained a few mph in the 1/4 since I gained 2 mph in the 1/8. Maybe its just that the tune was made for lt's and I don't have them yet so I am a tad down on power. Or maybe the clutch isn't holding up very good in 3rd and 4th. Oh well lt's and a clutch are on the way!

simple 10-10-2004 09:18 PM

"you need traction, then a 12bolt" ;) times will drop quite a bit

and you cant really compare old times to new without factoring in weather and track conditions

Kreinmc 10-10-2004 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by simple
"you need traction, then a 12bolt" ;) times will drop quite a bit

and you cant really compare old times to new without factoring in weather and track conditions

Yeah times will drop a lot very soon! Track conditions were pretty much exactly the same though.