CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   Moroso CAI vs K&N CAI Witch is Better (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/moroso-cai-vs-k-n-cai-witch-better-408253/)

Sgt_Morrow 11-06-2005 04:49 PM

Moroso CAI vs K&N CAI Witch is Better

Just like it says, Witch one is better

2000GTP 11-06-2005 04:53 PM

Re: Moroso CAI vs K&N CAI Witch is Better

In terms of performance, there is little difference. Both are virtually the same design and do the same thing. In terms of cost, the Moroso is quite a bit cheaper brand new. I have the Moroso kit and have nothing bad to say about it.

curly 11-06-2005 05:06 PM

I had the K&N before going to Ram Air but I have seen the Moroso on a friend's car. I would go with which ever one was cheaper.... they both serve the same purpose for much different prices.

valter 11-06-2005 05:06 PM

Same stuff. Get what you like more.

slverbullet 11-06-2005 06:23 PM

okay, i know this is not a spelling contest, but a witch is a little green lady with a pointy hat. use the word which when trying to ask a question such as yours. lesson over :D .

as far as the CAI kits go, flip a coin or just buy the cheaper one.

toegead93 11-06-2005 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by slverbullet
okay, i know this is not a spelling contest, but a witch is a little green lady with a pointy hat. use the word which when trying to ask a question such as yours. lesson over :D .

as far as the CAI kits go, flip a coin or just buy the cheaper one.

Take it easy, he's still in the Halloween spirit :)

mthegodfather 11-06-2005 06:53 PM

I love my Arizona Speed and marine CAI. If I were you i would just try to find a used CAI. None of them will make much of a difference in power over the others.

cas0484 11-06-2005 08:05 PM

Can't go wrong with either of them, however I believe the Moroso is cheaper so I'd go that route.

jdhommert 11-06-2005 09:59 PM

I've got a CAI by K&N, i dont like it. Godamn filter is always falling off, so i wired it up with mechanic's wire. :D

Hell, i'd just get the Lingenfelter one. Cheapest, and the biggest filter too. Although, i have heard a few problems with the tube being so big, the hood doesn't close all the way down on that side, there is a small gap.

Sgt_Morrow 11-07-2005 06:26 AM

Thanks guys ill just buy whatever is cheaper on E-Bay. I just wanted to know if there,their was any differnce in the two, too or 2 witch, which ever makes you happy dude.

bt96ss 11-07-2005 04:09 PM

Moroso is cheaper and easier to work on. Never had a problem keeping the filter on like I hear about K&N. As far as looks go its hard to beat the SLP.

SS MPSTR 11-07-2005 04:22 PM

Neither and both :)