CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   LT1 "cam only" dyno record (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/lt1-cam-only-dyno-record-472047/)

ulakovic22 09-20-2006 08:48 AM

Re: LT1 "cam only" dyno record

hahahaha

roughneck427 09-20-2006 09:13 AM

Yeah lets see the SAE #'s thats what matters not STD.Could have been 50 degrees @ 1000 ft below sea level when he dynoed as far as weather conditions.Hell i could claimed i had 410 RWHP with the mods in my sig
if it was rated STD.But i chose to post the SAE CORRECTED #'s.Sounds like a domestic ricer making out more than what it is to me.Post the dyno sheet with SAE #'s you sure are quick to claim a title for your BUDDY you sound like an http://www.s10forum.com/forum/images/smilies/asshat.gif no wonder you got flamed before

mad scientist 09-20-2006 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Keep thinking that. Comparing STD to SAE is pointless.

I never sait to compare STD to SAE. Why do you even think that?????:confused:

I'm saying that I have yet to see a dyno sheet STD (or whatever) with higher numbers for a cam only LT1. Instead of acting rude, just prove me wrong. End of story.

mad scientist 09-20-2006 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by roughneck427
Sounds like a domestic ricer making out more than what it is to me......... you sure are quick to claim a title for your BUDDY you sound like an no wonder you got flamed before

I tuned it.:p

97bowtie 09-20-2006 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by mad scientist

They think that because that's what you're doing. You are claiming your buddy has the "cam only dyno record". Everyone else who has put down high 350s cam only posted SAE numbers, not STD...so you are comparing SAE to STD by claiming that your numbers are higher than those with SAE numbers. The problem with this is that STD numbers will ALWAYS be higher than SAE numbers, so you can't compare the two. I don't know how to make it any more clear than that. :)

ulakovic22 09-20-2006 09:42 AM

You are saying to compare STD to SAE, because all the other dyno sheets of stock headed LT1's are in SAE. Saying that your friend has the stock headed record based on STD numbers is nieve at best. You can tell all your friends and post it in your wall, but don't come on here looking for approval and recognition when you compare apples to oranges. We don't have to prove you wrong, you have to prove yourself right. Do you think someone just calls the Guiness Book of World Records and says I have the record for "whatever" and then Guiness has to prove them wrong? Nope. You have to prove it for them......and until you post a SAE dyno sheet for us we will keep flaming you.

vin1382 09-20-2006 09:49 AM

I'm saying that I have yet to see a dyno sheet STD (or whatever) with higher numbers for a cam only LT1. Instead of acting rude, just prove me wrong. End of story.

anyone could get a higher STD number. all you have to do is dyno in negetive 20 degree weather -1000 ft sealevel. but anyone with a brain knows that those are just BS numbers. fact is when u get STD numbers..they will be alot less..probably in the 350 range. nice try tough guy.

97bowtie 09-20-2006 10:14 AM

It seems to be a common misconception that STD numbers are the same as uncorrected. STD is a correction factor just like SAE, only STD corrects for *better* conditions than SAE so STD will always be higher than SAE. Uncorrected numbers are the only dyno numbers that are uncorrected.

vin1382 09-20-2006 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 97bowtie
It seems to be a common misconception that STD numbers are the same as uncorrected. STD is a correction factor just like SAE, only STD corrects for *better* conditions than SAE so STD will always be higher than SAE. Uncorrected numbers are the only dyno numbers that are uncorrected.

thanks for the clearup. do you know what conditions SAE factors in that STD doesnt?

mad scientist 09-20-2006 08:54 PM

Do you think someone just calls the Guiness Book of World Records and says I have the record for "whatever" and then Guiness has to prove them wrong?
Record holders are not required to verify their record. This is done by guiness officials.

They think that because that's what you're doing. You are claiming your buddy has the "cam only dyno record". Everyone else who has put down high 350s cam only posted SAE numbers, not STD...so you are comparing SAE to STD by claiming that your numbers are higher than those with SAE numbers. The problem with this is that STD numbers will ALWAYS be higher than SAE numbers, so you can't compare the two. I don't know how to make it any more clear than that
Not exactly. What I'm saying is STD to STD cam only, the highest I can find is about 370. When I say that it dyno'd that much, it means that the car went to the dyno and put down that HP number. Just because it's in STD does not mean it's fake. This is a real dyno.

The "correct" way to compare vehicles would be to turn off all correction factors and log ambient conditions. When comparing vehicles, ambient conditions must be exact. Then one can gather a DIRECT measurement (not calculated) of HP to base comparisons . In reality, not everybody can dyno at 500ft above sea level or have warm/cold weather all season. Correction factors are usefull and can be reliable. The key is to agree on the same standard.

I think it's more than fare to use STD. I have dyno tuned cars at just about every shop in STL. Just looked at a bunch of dyno sheets that was produced throught the years. Some are STD, some are SAE. Even from the same shop. What are you guys going to tell me next, that I can only use a mustang dyno(since they produce lower numbers than a dynojet)?

brokeTA 09-20-2006 09:09 PM

That dyno was done at Mustang Muscle. Not sure which dyno they are using, but the number could possibly be higher then if it wasn't on a dyno jet?

speed_demon24 09-20-2006 09:38 PM

Record holders are not required to verify their record. This is done by guiness officials.
Not exactly. What I'm saying is STD to STD cam only, the highest I can find is about 370. When I say that it dyno'd that much, it means that the car went to the dyno and put down that HP number. Just because it's in STD does not mean it's fake. This is a real dyno.

The "correct" way to compare vehicles would be to turn off all correction factors and log ambient conditions. When comparing vehicles, ambient conditions must be exact. Then one can gather a DIRECT measurement (not calculated) of HP to base comparisons . In reality, not everybody can dyno at 500ft above sea level or have warm/cold weather all season. Correction factors are usefull and can be reliable. The key is to agree on the same standard.

I think it's more than fare to use STD. I have dyno tuned cars at just about every shop in STL. Just looked at a bunch of dyno sheets that was produced throught the years. Some are STD, some are SAE. Even from the same shop. What are you guys going to tell me next, that I can only use a mustang dyno(since they produce lower numbers than a dynojet)?

Why is it more fair to use STD instead of SAE. :rolleyes: ALL CARS IN AMERICA ARE RATED WITH THE SAE CORRECTION FACTOR NOT STD. STD gives you inflated #'s, its as simple as that. And comparing dyno #'s is pointless, back it up at the track and show what it MPH's at.

Sweetred95ta 09-20-2006 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by brokeTA
That dyno was done at Mustang Muscle. Not sure which dyno they are using, but the number could possibly be higher then if it wasn't on a dyno jet?

Mustang Muscle uses a Dynojet. Can't you guys call and get the SAE#'s?

6SpdLT1Z 09-20-2006 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by jldak318
last to my knowledge, cam only does consider bolt ons.;)

werd

mad scientist 09-20-2006 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Why is it more fair to use STD instead of SAE. :rolleyes: ALL CARS IN AMERICA ARE RATED WITH THE SAE CORRECTION FACTOR NOT STD. STD gives you inflated #'s, its as simple as that. And comparing dyno #'s is pointless, back it up at the track and show what it MPH's at.

Using your logic, we should of also use a mustang dyno, cause it produces lower hp numbers. I think that if there was a higher cam only LT1, someone would of posted it. If dyno numbers are pointless then you should stop posting in this thread, yes?