CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   Jason Cromer v. GMpartsdirect.com (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/jason-cromer-v-gmpartsdirect-com-252478/)

FormulaLT-1 04-20-2004 11:22 PM

Originally posted by besz28
jason cromer the undisputed champion:bow:
:thumb: I ordered the same part from both at the same time (don't ask) jason was cheaper, faster better service. (no hooker jokes) screw gmparts.

anyone wanna buy a extra 847 cam new in the box. 'doh'

phrozen 04-21-2004 12:37 AM

How does Jason Cromer get parts cheaper than anyone else? and more importantly, how do I get a hold of him?

JasonL 04-21-2004 03:33 AM

Originally posted by phrozen
How does Jason Cromer get parts cheaper than anyone else?
I don't think he does... all dealers probably buy parts from GM at the same price. Most dealers operate at huge profit margins because most customers don't know any better. Jason Cromer and others operate at slim margins but rely on sales volume.

TobyZ28 09-30-2004 11:46 AM

Re: Jason Cromer v. GMpartsdirect.com

Well i was just talking with a parts guy at GM that i know pretty well and he's actually curious as to how he gets the parts this cheap as well since he says that when he buys direct from GM the prices are actually a lot more than what Jason's selling them for!

shoebox 09-30-2004 11:51 AM

It's no secret. He sells at wholesale price. It's the same price that any shop would come in to the parts counter and buy the parts for.

Fast Caddie 09-30-2004 11:58 AM

Jason Cromer is awsome to deal with... i've ordered about 6 rounds of parts from him over the years and never once had a problem.

IMHO, he's the ONLY person anyone should ever order GM parts from. I even get great prices from him on parts for the GN and other vehicles in the family too. :thumb:

skibbe_96z 09-30-2004 12:11 PM

Who is this Jason Cromer?? Is there a website I can look at for his stuff or what?

94Formula/TA 09-30-2004 12:32 PM

Jason is the parts manager at Sam Taylor Buick Cadillac.

Website

Rich

Lt1t56 09-30-2004 11:05 PM

Not trying to change the original subject but Dal Slabaugh at Van Devere deserves credit for great customer service and prices along with Jason.

Brent94Z 09-30-2004 11:16 PM

While I think the end price of GMpartsdirect.com is often times in line to that of Dal and Jason, I RARELY order from GMpartsdirect.com because I can't stand their underhanded "try to trick me" scam with their shipping charges. The claim they make most of their money in the shipping charges... well that is obvious because it doesn't cost nearly $20 to ship a LT4 knock module.

It's a shame they don't realize just how much unreasonably high shipping charges tick people off even when the end result might still be a little cheaper.

IMO of course :)

Heatmaker 10-01-2004 12:46 AM

When I last ordered from GMparts direct it was over the phone... but that was almost 2yrs ago... since then they have really changed... especially i nthe shipping department... a company I can't talk to when I need to.. .and even if I don't need to I find very unreliable... Jason Cromer is a good man.

Dave Holland 10-01-2004 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
While I think the end price of GMpartsdirect.com is often times in line to that of Dal and Jason, I RARELY order from GMpartsdirect.com because I can't stand their underhanded "try to trick me" scam with their shipping charges. The claim they make most of their money in the shipping charges... well that is obvious because it doesn't cost nearly $20 to ship a LT4 knock module.

It's a shame they don't realize just how much unreasonably high shipping charges tick people off even when the end result might still be a little cheaper.

IMO of course :)

Bingo. Screw GMPD, Jason all the way.

Fastbird93 10-01-2004 08:38 AM

Another vote for Jason, as he will almost no questions asked take back a defective part under warranty.

Shoot, I couldn't even get any local dealerships to give me a new opti under warranty when I brought it in because "they" didn't diagnose it themselves. One phone call to Jason and he immediately says to me "send it back." That's service. :thumb:

NBred94 10-01-2004 08:43 AM

+1 for Jason

I tried to order something from gmpartsdirect, and their website wouldn't validate my credit card info, and the two day delay in customer service response made it impossible to order. One call and two minutes on the phone got me the part I needed striaght away from Jason.

Lower 10-02-2004 01:46 AM

I would never order from GMPD again if Jason or Dal had online ordering available. I go to GMPD because the prices *IS* similar, and I enjoy not having to speak with a person to place an order. Call me a hermit if you must.

But I've no complaint with ordering through any of the 3 great sources. Let's just be happy we all have a source to get parts cheap!