CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   Hi,new to site,can you help me out? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/hi-new-site-can-you-help-me-out-886685/)

Speedy96 05-31-2018 08:05 PM

Hi,new to site,can you help me out?

Hi found two of these in my 96 lt1 oil pan and have no idea what they are or where they came from,any ideas?https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cam...59c83a8699.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cam...c0eb2910ef.jpgCylindrical,steel,look like roller bearings but from what?

Chimera96 05-31-2018 10:57 PM

Re: Hi,new to site,can you help me out?

are those pieces of push rod?

94Z28LS1toLT1 06-01-2018 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chimera96 (Post 6998398)
are those pieces of push rod?

That's what I was gonna say too.

Chimera96 06-01-2018 10:45 AM

can't tell in pic if those are hollow. If not, they are not pieces of PR

The relief pin in oil pump looks similar in size if it is solid. That is held in with a roll pin so quite unlikely that would come out...and there is only one of those in a oil pump

Injuneer 06-01-2018 11:57 AM

Shaft from a roller rocker tip roller?

Speedy96 06-01-2018 06:10 PM

It is solid,It's to small for push rods and those I checked when I did the valve seals. It doesn't have roller rockers, I'm gonna guess the oil pump pin. The other one is smaller than the one pictured. Thanks for all your input

Chimera96 06-03-2018 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Speedy96 (Post 6998409)
I'm gonna guess the oil pump pin. The other one is smaller than the one pictured.

yeah I said because it is similar in size....but I believe the oil pump needs to have lower 1/2 unbolted for the roll pin to come out to even allow the pin to come out and there is only 1 pin so don't see it as coming from oil pump

injuneers note on RR end roller pins would be way more likely but you say the 2 pins are different sizes..

If you are not original owner to the motor in the car...who knows WTF got dropped into or left inside motor before you got the car. Good you found it before something went bang or boom....unless that is how you found it.

bw_hunter 06-07-2018 04:06 PM

The sort of look like Camshaft/OPTIdrive pins. Maybe during an OPTI switchbthey got dropped into the pan...

Speedy96 06-07-2018 07:14 PM

I have all the paper work on the car since 2001 and the opti spark has been changed three times already so I spose that's quite possible,thanks

Chimera96 06-08-2018 11:30 AM

It would take someone to pull the pin from cam (not easily done at all) and that pin won't just fall out into the motor (timing cover) for it to then migrate down into the pan.....and twice. If it did fall into the motor on opti removal it would make MAJOR noise getting ground up in the timing gear/chain immediately on startup

I see way better odds winning the lottery than that happening

If P.O. had intake off maybe whatever the small metal pin is fell into intake valley from careless P.O.

Felix Sanchez 06-13-2018 03:18 PM

Hi my name is felix and i have a 94 camaro and its getting hot on me. I changed out the water pump, the thermostat out but it leaks out of the coolent reservoir

Injuneer 06-13-2018 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Felix Sanchez (Post 6998527)
Hi my name is felix and i have a 94 camaro and its getting hot on me. I changed out the water pump, the thermostat out but it leaks out of the coolent reservoir

You need to start your own new thread. You can’t hijack someone else’s thread on a totally unrelated subject.

The “new thread” button is top left, above the forum topic listing.

bw_hunter 06-20-2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chimera96 (Post 6998464)
It would take someone to pull the pin from cam (not easily done at all) and that pin won't just fall out into the motor (timing cover) for it to then migrate down into the pan.....and twice. If it did fall into the motor on opti removal it would make MAJOR noise getting ground up in the timing gear/chain immediately on startup

I see way better odds winning the lottery than that happening

If P.O. had intake off maybe whatever the small metal pin is fell into intake valley from careless P.O.

You’re probably right. I did have the pin come off with the OPTI with my aftermarket cam. It fell right down into the timing cover and into the pan like it was on a mission. Not likely to happen two times though...