CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   Good garage in Toronto? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/good-garage-toronto-246316/)

bluezed28 04-05-2004 10:28 PM

Good garage in Toronto?

Hi- I do alot of work myself but I'm wondering if anyone out there knows a good F-body shop in Toronto, Canada. Also, any good paint shops too.

Thanks,

LT1 PWRD 04-05-2004 10:45 PM

I don't know about Toronto but I dealt with Straightline Racing in Scarborough and WOULDN'T recommend them.

Take a drive to Pickering and go to Agostino Motorosports if you wanna deal with the best F-body shop in the region.

I dounno about a good paint shop though, sorry.

Have you joined Toronto F-body Motorsports yet? They might know.

Nice to see some Torontonians on the board. I'm from Oshawa.

Good luck,
Martin

'93 formy ... 04-05-2004 10:54 PM

Originally posted by LT1 PWRD
I don't know about Toronto but I dealt with Straightline Racing in Scarborough and WOULDN'T recommend them.

Take a drive to Pickering and go to Agostino Motorosports if you wanna deal with the best F-body shop in the region.

WTF :confused: I've been taking my car to Straightline racing for a good 5 years now. Andy and Pat are the only guys I'd trust to work on my car. They've always done good work for me and Andy has really gotton me out of some serious jams on more than one occasion whether by cutting labour costs or selling me something at dealer cost. As a matter of fact my car's in there righ now.

You mentioned Agostino raceing. My god man what are you thinking? The place is in shambles right now. There are so many lawsuits against them right now it's not even funny. That and the fact that they've priced everything out of reach off 99% of the public doesn't help much either. Out of the 7 guys I personally know that went there, 4 were NOT happy with the results they got for the **** load of money they paid. Do a search and see for youself how many people on this boad alone have had problem with Agostiono.

To the person who asked the question which shop to go to, go to Straightline racing. I live just down the street (2minutes). There' even a dyno in practicallyy next door (Dyno Power services)

I should be picking up my car tomorrow or Wednesday.

Straight Line Rules :bow:

95_LT1_6SPD 04-05-2004 11:15 PM

Originally posted by LT1 PWRD

Have you joined Toronto F-body Motorsports yet? They might know.

Nice to see some Torontonians on the board. I'm from Oshawa.

Good luck,
Martin

Do you have a link to this organization, i would like to join.

rock1501 04-05-2004 11:31 PM

Originally posted by 95_LT1_6SPD
Do you have a link to this organization, i would like to join.
www.tfbm.org

Most of the members hangout on www.ls2.com in the greatlakes section.

I would also recomend Straightline Racing.Andy is a good guy and knows his stuff.

LT1 PWRD 04-06-2004 12:13 AM

Well, that's good to know that people have had good experiences with Straightline Racing. I personnaly had a couple problems in the past with Andy and wasn't too impressed. He rushes things and sometimes cuts corners.

I didn't know people had so many problems with Agostinos. My experience was fine.

spraytheway 04-06-2004 12:23 PM

I run my LT1 car out of Protech Performance in Mississauga and have always been happy with their work. Their website is mostly Ford but they helped me allot. Protechperformance.com

Vince