CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   Close up photos of Summit 58mm TB. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/close-up-photos-summit-58mm-tb-502222/)

BlackDog 02-13-2007 06:14 PM

Close up photos of Summit 58mm TB.

I just got it today. I took some close up photos and a quick review.

Go here...

Comments?

2000GTP 02-13-2007 06:21 PM

It looks like a good quality part. Let us know how it works out once installed, that is where I am curious.

reamo04 02-13-2007 06:36 PM

definately looks nice

i wonder how it compares to the edelbrock one

mdacton 02-13-2007 06:46 PM

I will say it does look descent....let us know how it performs

96capricemgr 02-13-2007 07:03 PM

In the third picture it shows the IAC circuit is not isolated and the IAC bypass hole not drilled. Many of you will not care but some of us have found that keeping that isolated and piped into the seperate hole in the intake and drilling the IAC bypass in aftermarket TBs to improve idle.

With that gap around the blades I wonder if it will whistle? I would also say if you drill the IAC bypass start small because of that.

Let us know how it works once you get it installed, would be great if you could check TPS signal.

Dan Parker '96 02-13-2007 07:14 PM

I thought about the Summit piece but went with the Edelbrock since it had the throttle shaft bearings .vs the bushings Summit offered.

The Edelbrock also offered the advantage of a direct fit without having to modify the idle air circuit as with the BBK unit. Cast .vs billet makes no difference.

For those of you who are running a 350ci engine on the street with less than a 230/230 combo (which you should be if you are halfway smart) then you should look up David Koldos either here or on the www.corvetteforum.com (in the C4 Tech area). He does a fabulous 52mm (from stock) piece for a reasonable price.

reamo04 02-13-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Parker '96 (Post 4413564)
I thought about the Summit piece but went with the Edelbrock since it had the throttle shaft bearings .vs the bushings Summit offered.

The Edelbrock also offered the advantage of a direct fit without having to modify the idle air circuit as with the BBK unit. Cast .vs billet makes no difference.

For those of you who are running a 350ci engine on the street with less than a 230/230 combo (which you should be if you are halfway smart) then you should look up David Koldos either here or on the www.corvetteforum.com (in the C4 Tech area). He does a fabulous 52mm (from stock) piece for a reasonable price.

do u have a pic of ur edelbrock TB so we can compare?

30696bird 02-13-2007 07:50 PM

I would like to be 1st in the stupid line. :D

Dan Parker '96 02-13-2007 08:08 PM

:)

Start paying attention to AVERAGE HP and TQ values. These will better represent a well running engine. On a 350cid rig running less than a 7K rpm limit then a proper cam in the slightly less than 230 range will probably provide the best overall average results. As an example, if you compare average HP/TQ for an LT4/Hotcam .vs an LT1/CC306 you may be surprised that their average numbers are nearly identical (the Hotcam is actually a bit better). The intangibles are rear gears, number of ratios and weight. But in a stock geared vehicle I'd bet on the Hotcam combo every time. It's all area under the curve.

Peak numbers don't show the true picture.

Also, I don't have any pics of my TB but you should be able to find a few on the net. Also look for stuff on the BBK version. It's nice but needs some mods to "really" work well.

Disclaimer: I'm running an LE2 heads/cam combo. It's alright but I think the LE2 cam is a better match with a 383.

bingo 02-13-2007 08:30 PM

That is identical to the Professional Products throttle body I have on my car.

93yellowta 02-13-2007 09:33 PM

Im 2nd...

Originally Posted by 30696bird (Post 4413655)
I would like to be 1st in the stupid line. :D

Im 2nd...:D

dsmawd350 02-13-2007 10:20 PM

third

Colin91Z 02-14-2007 09:55 AM

:lol:
I'll be 4th in the stupid line then. :thumb:

roguedriver 02-14-2007 02:56 PM

So are these made overseas too?

Ken R.

jsetzer 02-14-2007 03:07 PM

5th? Dunno I'm too stupid to keep track.

We just comparing averages across the board? Or are we integrating the whole curve, because I would be interested in comparing areas of a motor that stops making power 1k+ rpms less.

Let us know if there are any improvements with the new unit, I think it may be my next mod.