CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   Cams (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/cams-887558/)

Michaels 06-21-2019 02:35 PM

Cams

What would be recommended cam for day to day driving ( stock 6spd ) ? Help

Chimera96 06-22-2019 09:23 AM

Re: Cams

LT1 Cam Info «

Phoenix'97 06-22-2019 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Michaels (Post 7003273)

I have posted threads similar to this one in other forums. Could you tell other members what you are looking for, specifically?! Do you wish to preserve your current fuel economy but boost power overall as much as possible based on this formula? An RV/Tow cam may be all you really need but this is what we need to narrow down so that you get EXACTLY what you want versus expectations and then discovering your choice was not as wise as you had thought.

What you specify here in this thread you MUST convey to a custom cam maker like Lloyd Elliot so that he can craft you something that is as close to what you really want as possible.

Germansheperd 06-23-2019 08:31 AM

Stock cam, change springs, 1.6 roller rockers. Drives like stock everyday with the power bump of a small cam change.

Phoenix'97 06-24-2019 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Germansheperd (Post 7003288)
Stock cam, change springs, 1.6 roller rockers. Drives like stock everyday with the power bump of a small cam change.

I second this statement if you want to go this route first. It gives you an idea of whether or not you want more power which would then require the custom camshaft be made up AND you will already have 1.6 roller rockers installed to work with the custom cam. This is actually something I am considering doing for the future build on my LT1. If you do at some point decide to have your cylinder heads ported and port matched for performance, make sure you assert that you want port velocity to be maintained if not improved for your daily driving needs! It is a small thing I have learned doing the research I have been doing.

Michaels 06-24-2019 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Michaels (Post 7003273)

Looking for sleeper cam. Cam swap with the least amount of cash for upgrade. Low end, midrange? So far 305 w/ LT4 springs. Any advice appreciated

Chimera96 06-24-2019 03:25 PM

the first cam in the link I posted in #2. Crane 10308 springs. Do not use LT4 springs on non LT4 valves. Those are hollow (sodium filled) and lighter than solid LT1 springs so LT4 springs with solid valves = no

Injuneer 06-24-2019 03:52 PM

Look at the first cam on the link posted above - “sleeper cam”, “smooth idle”, “improving HP and TQ everywhere”, “Idle-5800 RPM”. Or even the one right below it, as noted in the post immediately above.

LT1 Cam Info «