LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Looking for the best option

Old 05-17-2018, 02:03 AM

Looking for the best option

I have a 1995 camaro z28 that i recently bought. It wouldnt start and turns out the fuel pump wasnt working so i put in a new one. Now the fuel pump works but it wont start still and turns out rats chewed up alot of wires in the front and i need to replace the engine wire harness. I dont want to replace the full wire harness because the rest is fine. My question is how can i remove the wire harness and where to start. Ive been looking all over with no help alot of videos ive watched they took out the engine and i dont want to have to do that. My car turns over great and really wants to start. Ive just hit a bump in the road and need some assistance. Thank you.
-Alexus

Last edited by Killerizer; 05-17-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Re: Looking for the best option

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com ! ! !

If you are not aware of Shoebox's excellent LT1 site, he has a complete labeled, clickable photo of the engine harness, along with the PCM wiring diagrams. That may help. And hopefully Rob (Shoebox) will see this and provide some insight on the removal process.

4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids

4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids

1995 Z28 A4 Engine Harness

4th Gen LT1 F-body Tech Articles
Old 05-17-2018, 12:36 PM

Re: Looking for the best option

Originally Posted by Killerizer
I have a 1995 camaro z28 that i recently bought. It wouldnt start and turns out the fuel pump wasnt working so i put in a new one. Now the fuel pump works but it wont start still and turns out rats chewed up alot of wires in the front and i need to replace the engine wire harness.
-Alexus
Alexus,

I would be seriously concerned about the rat problem. If you live in a city, that city may have (or start) a rat eradication program, but you have to report the problem to them directly, out loud, and in their faces. Show them the repair bills, and tell them that every car in town is at risk for the same damage or worse.

Lately some car wiring has been manufactured using soy-based insulation, which rats and other rodents will see as FOOD. Be sure that any replacement wiring that you buy is not soy-insulated, and I might want some kind of rodent repellent on the job, as well. I do not recommend that you you put poisoned bait in the garage, if there are kids and pets in your neighborhood. Even a cat or dog that eats a poisoned rat may die.

Best wishes, there.

Search this Thread