CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LS1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/ls1-based-engine-tech-19/)
-   -   Wanting new exhaust... (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/ls1-based-engine-tech-19/wanting-new-exhaust-847036/)

Z28BadB 01-07-2012 01:45 AM

Wanting new exhaust...

Hey everyone...I'm Alex, i'm new on here...
I've been wanting to purchase a new exhaust but I just can't seem to figure out which one I want.
I want one that sounds AMAZING...I LOVE that loud, muscle sound! She already has a good sound but it's still stock and a little quieter than I'd like..
SO...Can anyone help me with some tips/preferences/vids/etc on different exhaust systems for my LS1. She's a beast and I want her to sound like one!!
I live in SoCal so gas mileage sucks anyway because of traffic and traffic lights, so gas mileage really isn't a big thing, somehow I'm already getting about 19mpg which from what I've read is pretty good! I DO want to increase power at least a little though with the addition of new exhaust.
Just a little help on this matter would be awesome!
Thanks!

AL SS590 M6 01-07-2012 08:58 AM

Re: Wanting new exhaust...

Hooker Aerochammber cat back sounds good with or without headers.

jeffgusto 01-07-2012 09:48 AM

i just put a magnaflow on mine recently, but man if i could go back in time id get the flowmaster 80 series those just sound so mean.

AdsoYo 01-08-2012 02:56 PM

If you're just looking for a cat-back, there was a link posted here some time ago where a dyno shop tested about 20 different mufflers and exhaust configurations on a 4.6 Mustang. The two mufflers that flowed the best and made the most power were the Hooker Aerochamber and Magnaflow because they both have straight-through designs where the other mufflers were baffled. That being said, they didn't test my exhaust which is GMMG. In my opinion the sound can not be beat. Go here to compare exhaust sounds: LS1 Sounds - Your Comprehensive Exhaust Resource

97z28k&N 01-08-2012 05:30 PM

Assuming you have an ls1, check out TSP rumbler cat back.

30th6 01-15-2012 04:49 PM

my favorite is magnaflow for a catback,ive had flowmaster and hooker to didnt really like the sound of either of them.tsp tds with sweet thunders was my favorite though,but it got old fast.

bluz28 01-15-2012 11:24 PM

Do you have a budget limit in mind ?

Marc 85Z28 01-16-2012 07:17 PM

Have an exhaust shop cut off the stock muffler and tailpipes. Weld in a Flowmaster single chamber (10 series) and just do a single 3" outlet like a V6. Cheap, loud, and aggressive! :devil:

whitdog54 01-19-2012 10:23 AM

borla with an e-cutout

akwa 01-22-2012 02:24 PM

I just got an electric cut out on mine, 3 in right after the y pipe and I can feel the difference from opening it up to closing it. the sound is amazing and you can open it to the perfect spot where the sound is deep and exactly what you want. It was 170 off ebay and 30 to weld in. Install was also really easy took maybe 20 min to run all the wires and switchs. Highly recomended, there isnt anyone who cant help but notice a wide open ls1.