LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

A different kind of vibration...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 01:23 AM

Question A different kind of vibration...

Alright, I got hit by another car in my front passanger quarter panel and front bumper. Here is a pic of the original damage... YOu really cant tell much from that, but it gives you an idea...

Anyway, my insurance company paid to get it all fixed by a local Ford dealer's body shop ( Thats where they told me to take it so that they didnt have to send out a claims adjuster... ). The ford dealer did an amazing job on the body work and had to replace the rim, strut, sway bar, and parts of the linkage ( the original tire was put back on the car )... Got it back a week ago.

I just drove to Dallas ( from New Orleans where i have been living and where the car was hit/fixed ) for the summer and while driving I noticed a vibration from the area that was hit ONLY when the steering wheel is turned any degree to the right AND ONLY at 65+ mph. I could turn or change lanes to the left and it would feel and sound fine, but even the littlest tap to the right and i would hear something like loud road noise from the front pass side and feel this little vibration. THe tire is now worn a tiny bit more on the outer edge compared to the driver side tire.

It felt like a tire alignment problem, but after 500 miles, there is hardly any new wear and it only happens to the right.

What could this be?!?!?!?!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:33 AM
Banned

i dont know what it could be but i would defintly take it back to them and have them fix it
Old 05-08-2003, 01:39 AM

Yea, but like I said, It was fixed in New Orleans, I am now in Dallas for a few months. I got it back a week ago and didnt notice anything weird... Even when i first heard the noise I thought it was my imagination because I hadnt driven it in three weeks.... Taking a week off of work and making the 8 hour drive isnt really possible...

~Brian