General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Replaced my fuel pump, now the freakin' gas gauge doesn't work.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:43 PM

Re: Replaced my fuel pump, now the freakin' gas gauge doesn't work.

Originally Posted by camaroz28racer2
People hacking up cars to change fuel pumps has become so widespread im going to start pulling up the carpet to inspect on potential cars i would like to buy.
I for one, think the article is outstanding. Regardless of it "modding" the car, I'd be willing to bet road wear alone will take it's value farther south than a 9" x 5" hole that can easily be re-attached, perhaps to be removed again, vice breaking every stock bolt holding together the components removed to do the pump replacement "by the book". been there, done that, and is sucks, and on a lift took all day. BTW, you have to cut the exhaust to do the pump, which most would say, is a "mod". So much for stock, and, I have a 255lph pump replacing the weak-legged stocker. Just IMO, don't see how it'll weigh at all in the value of an fbody. Thanks for the link!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:07 PM

i did it three times, def is a quicker and easier process than dropping everything , it ha no real adverse affect on the cars structural integrity at all , making ur own hatch will also help u ou tin the future if u ever have to do it again
Old 01-22-2005, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by TRICK95
I for one, think the article is outstanding. Regardless of it "modding" the car, I'd be willing to bet road wear alone will take it's value farther south than a 9" x 5" hole that can easily be re-attached, perhaps to be removed again, vice breaking every stock bolt holding together the components removed to do the pump replacement "by the book". been there, done that, and is sucks, and on a lift took all day. BTW, you have to cut the exhaust to do the pump, which most would say, is a "mod". So much for stock, and, I have a 255lph pump replacing the weak-legged stocker. Just IMO, don't see how it'll weigh at all in the value of an fbody. Thanks for the link!

A day, and with a lift, and cutting the exhaust, you are sad, the hole just wasnt meant to be there, pulling the tank isnt half as bad as you say.

Ive done it many times, and it definetly doesnt require cutting the exhaust, nor does it require a full day, unless you are one of those who likes to drink a lot of beer while working on a car, in that case it explains taking various tools to the body and slicing it up without due need for it.