CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/)
-   -   Power Steering pulley question (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/power-steering-pulley-question-295828/)

CrAkD X 95TA 08-27-2004 03:35 PM

Power Steering pulley question

Ok i noticed my belt was eaten up so i went to replace it. I noticed that one of the bolts on the powerstearing pully snapped so it was moving all over the place which is what ate up the belt. looks like the shop replaced one of the pully bolts with a pos bolt. question is the bolt is snapped off in that bracket. can i get that bracket off with just a couple bolts or is a ton of stuff bolted to it?

CrAkD X 95TA 08-27-2004 04:39 PM

Re: Power Steering pulley question

anyone? i just need to know how hard the bracket on the left of the wp is to get out.

Mtrhds94Z 08-27-2004 08:46 PM

Since noone is posting I'll give it to you the best I recall..
The PS pump, alternator, and A/C compressor are on it, and it bolts to the head and block..
Pretty hard to remove I'd say..
I contemplated removal on a hose swap, but decided to Dremel the heater hoses off while on the car due to the bracket looking too hard to get off readily..

97WS6SCharged 08-27-2004 08:58 PM

You're going to have to remove the alternator, tensioner, PS pump, and remove the bolts holding the AC compressor in place to remove the bracket. There are three bolts securing the bracket to the head, and two holding it to the block near the tensioner. Once everything is unbolted, you should be able to angle it and slide it out. :)

CrAkD X 95TA 08-27-2004 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by 97WS6SCharged
You're going to have to remove the alternator, tensioner, PS pump, and remove the bolts holding the AC compressor in place to remove the bracket. There are three bolts securing the bracket to the head, and two holding it to the block near the tensioner. Once everything is unbolted, you should be able to angle it and slide it out. :)

already got the alt out and hell the ps pump is the root of the problem so thats disconnected too. will the tensioner and ac compressor bolts be tough to get off and back on? im not a great mechanic but id like to do this tommorrow morning so i can use the car.

97WS6SCharged 08-27-2004 10:58 PM

You need to get the PS pump out of the way. If I remember right, one of the bolts holding the bracket in place is behind it. The AC compressor won't move much, try to support it if you can, it should be alright even if you can't. The bolts for the compressor and tensioner are very easy to remove and reinstall. Just be careful when you tighten them back down, you're working with aluminum after all. :)

CrAkD X 95TA 08-28-2004 10:55 AM

thanks alot man.