General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

I need help hugger orange

Old 04-25-2017, 08:12 PM

I need help hugger orange

I have a 1999 hugger Orange ss with 8000 miles ls1,atuomatic ,white leather seats it is in perfect shape just wondering what it would be worth i may be wrong but I thank they where 11 made like it
Old 04-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Re: I need help hugger orange

Hardtop, t-top, or convertible?

11 might be right if you take into account interior color and such, but GM did not break down the production numbers for that year to that level of detail, so there's no way to know whether that's right. I wouldn't go around claiming that number unless you want a bad reputation.

Either way, a low-miles SS in great condition in a rare-ish combo should fetch a decent price from the right buyer.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Does your SS have the 1LE option?

The "11" number relates back to SS's built with the 1LE option. It is the combination of those two (SS + 1LE) that is relatively rare. The Camaro White Book shows a total of 13 1999 1LE's in Hugger Orange. 2 A4's, 11 M6's. That's out of a total of 74 1LE's. Note includes:

The above (74) counts include 8 1999 1LE Camaros byilt with the SS package - 6 Hugger Orange, 1 Arctic White an 1 Navy Blue. All had 6-speed manual transmissions except for a Hugger Orance automatic.
That would appear to make your combo (SS + 1LE + auto trans) 1 of 1 if it has the 1LE option.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:08 PM

Here's a copy of the SLP Production Numbers I saved years ago. It gives a breakdown of color to transmission per coupe or convertible, plus what appears to be other SLP options available.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1999 #'s.PDF (111.2 KB, 86 views)
Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the help it's got some plaques with i will try to get home in time one day and post what they are all I know is the plaques are from gm and it is a coupe
Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Administrator

You want to look at the factory "service parts identification" label. That tells you what the factory built, and would show RPO "1LE". SLP added a second label showing the options installed by them. Additionally to get the info from the SPI label, including RPO codes with a definition of each, vehicle production date, etc. go here and enter the VIN. There is a $5 charge.

Comprehensive Chevrolet, Saturn, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Geo, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Truck, Mercedes VIN Decoder
Old 04-27-2017, 08:27 PM

Certificate of birth reads: Chevrolet Camaro SS SLP Asembly plant and SLP Engineering. At the bottom of birth certificate: install options exhaust auburn chrome wheels custom car cover key fob plaque lubes and mats. Any information regarding this car will be greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread