CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/)
-   -   Horsepower.. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/horsepower-377118/)

Flyin_Ryan 06-22-2005 01:37 PM

Horsepower..

I got a question, has anyone installed one of those little hurricane adapters that go in your air intake tube. Its supposed to do all this magic stuff like lower fuel mileage and give you extra horsepower. Does anyone use these and do they actually do anything?
Also my second question, what is all required in supercharging an lt1. I would imagine you would need to do a lot of changes to the fuel and air system?
Thanks.

sabre81 06-22-2005 01:47 PM

Re: Horsepower..

Those thingys that go in your intake are all useless. Dont waste your money. As for supercharging, you may want a beefyer fuel pump, and a PCM tune, but thats about it. Wouldnt hurt to have a larger throttle body though.

ImportKILLER 06-22-2005 01:48 PM

Hurricane = mini supercharger

w00t!!!

:lol:

Darkfire00 06-22-2005 04:33 PM

My friend got one for his 02 SS, took it back, it even says on the box "not meant for highperformance veicals" if anybody tells you it works its probully a ricer since all they drive these days are oversized lawnmowers with 10k paint jobs

myslowcamaro 06-22-2005 05:10 PM

kinda like the electric supercharger they sell on ebay for $130, meanwhile its a $10 marine fan.

Flyin_Ryan 06-23-2005 07:46 AM

LOL yeah thats pretty much what I thought it was going to be like. :D

Bayer-Z28 06-23-2005 06:39 PM

Honestly, you'd get more of a performance gain from a TB spacer. Search on here for a similar thread, it had about 4 pages worth of bashing....... Including the quote, "I installed 8 of them in my intake tube and now I'm running 9's and pulling the front wheels off the ground!!!!! Search under the topic of the "Tornado"......it's under the Lounge..... I believe.......

vonmoldy 06-23-2005 06:50 PM

I havent seen a 10k paint job on rice around here in fact white trash is likely to have a nicer paintjob than the stickered out spray bomb primer jobs on crx's and the drivers think they are the fastest crap around....excuse the rambling

97WS6SCharged 06-25-2005 04:01 AM

A throttlebody spacer would be just as useless on an LT1 since the injectors fire directly into the intake port. :)

As far as putting a blower on an LT1... upgrade the fuel pump, injectors and add an ignition retard box. Then tune it and pray that you don't break a piston anytime soon. :lol:

cas0484 06-25-2005 09:17 PM

The way the tornado works is like this, you pay the 60+ dollars for it which makes your wallet lighter and therefore, as a result is weight reduction which makes your car faster :lol:

91 Camaro RS 06-25-2005 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Darkfire00
My friend got one for his 02 SS, took it back, it even says on the box "not meant for highperformance veicals" if anybody tells you it works its probully a ricer since all they drive these days are oversized lawnmowers with 10k paint jobs

$10k paint jobs? They probably don't spend more than $10 on the spray paint!

littlbasterd 06-26-2005 03:59 PM

ahhh yes supercharger, thats a expensive one exspecialy if you want to do it right the first time, first i'd suguest building your motor, as what someone else said eirlier pray you don't brake andy pistons.. so i'd tear my motor down and go for pisotns and rods, might as well replace all the bearings while your in there to, acually personally if it was me i would rebuild and entire motor low compression pistons, fordged rods and crank, main bearings, rod bearings, cam, porst heads and intake,injectors, then bolt that super charger up drop the motor back in put in a fuel pump, get a computer tune and enjoy the ride.....then all you have to do is pray you don't blow your rear end up anytime soon