General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

What If?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 12:31 AM

What If?

Ok I was thinking about keeping my car. What if I wanted a ground effect package akin to the factory ground effect package that looked good and allowed for a cool exhaust outlet. Who would I go with?
Old 05-19-2018, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Re: What If?

There are a decent number of companies selling ground effects kits — just do a Google search for “2002 camaro ground effects.” They mostly come unpainted, so plan on painting them as part of your budget. You can probably also find the parts for sale on the used market.

As for which one you should get, there are three factors to consider:
1. Looks.
2. Price
3. Material.

The first two are obvious, I hope; get something you think looks good and fits in your budget. For material, I think you’ll find most are one of PVC, fiberglass, and polyurethane (PU). PU is flexible and durable, so if you catch your bumper on a curb, the part won’t be damaged (but the paint might be). Fiberglass is lighter and usually cheaper, but it’s not very flexible and would probably crack or splinter if you curbed it. PVC is in the middle in terms of durability.

Nothing you’re going to find is going to offer real aerodynamic advantages, so you should not take that into account.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Re: What If?

We’re you specifically referencing the center mount exhaust valance?

6LE Designs | 1993-2002 Camaro Center Mount Exhaust Valance

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/camaro-center-exhaust