General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Fans won't turn on

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 09:18 PM

Fans won't turn on

I have a 95 z28 Camaro fans won't come on. You can jump it over at relay and fans do work. Tried to unhook temps sending units and nothing. Tried jumper wire in temp sending unit still won't come on. Tried turning a c on still nothing. Also have a c delete. Temp gets extremely high 240 and nothing. Any suggestions???? Also hooked jumper wire on DLC 5&6 drivers side fan came on but passenger side didn't.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Re: Fans won't turn on

Have the fans ever worked correctly, and this problem just started? Or is this a new purchase and problem existed when you bought it?

Have you scanned for codes?

When you say you disconnected temp units I assume that included the one on the water pump for the PCM.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:02 PM

Started when we changed water pump. The temp sending unit won't work with it hook up or unhooked. Does the computer need to be reset if so how do I do it? Took battery terminal off and turned switch off and on hooked battery cable back up a couple of minutes later.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Turned what switch off?

Check the coolant temp sensor circuit using this procedure:

4th Gen LT1 F-body Tech Articles

All you need to do to reset the PCM is pull the "PCM BAT" fuse in the under hood box for 30 seconds. Sounds like you may have a short in the harness wires. Or did you accidentally swap the inlet air temp sensor harness connector with the coolant temp sensor?

ECT sensor wires are yellow and black, IAT sensor wires are tan and black

1995 Z28 A4 Engine Harness

http://shbox.com/1/1995_pcm1.jpg
Old 04-21-2017, 08:25 PM

Glad to see you have posted your question, here. Maybe some more eyes on the problem can help you get it solved, rather than with just the emails you have been trading with me.