CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/)
-   -   catback help (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/catback-help-264287/)

min9861 05-21-2004 06:56 PM

catback help

hello, im new. i have a 93 lt1 and i would like an catback system for it. i cant afford to buy stuff like corsa or borla, but somthing like flowmasters, loudmouth, magnaflow, or hookers. which one would sound loud and nice while its not too expensive to get? thanks alot.

edit:
im thinking about getting the slp loudmouth but what is this "installation kit"? 70 bucks for little tubing and some accessories?? what does it do and do i NEED it?

aforut 05-21-2004 07:32 PM

I know you don't want to save up money, but honestly I would save $700 and get the gmmg. From what I hear it is worth every penny for performance and sound. I was about to get one of the cheaper ones myself, but I am now saving my money for the gmmg because I have not read ONE bad them about them (even from the people who don't have them). I know I didn't really answer your question, but hope this helps...:cool:

aforut 05-21-2004 07:36 PM

oh yeah heres the website:

www.gmmginc.net

Also forgot to add that most people tell me that flowmasters are some of the most restrictive exhaust out there are do very little to performance. I am just as new at this as you are, but will someone back me up on this (or tell me I'm full of it!)

Buffdaddy 05-21-2004 08:29 PM

I like my flows on my 01 camaro!

Eliminator 05-21-2004 08:31 PM

I love the sound of Flowmaster even though people say it makes their cars slower.

CamaroGuy22 05-22-2004 06:32 PM

Originally posted by Eliminator
I love the sound of Flowmaster even though people say it makes their cars slower.
There is no way i would spend 700 for a catback, i would rather spend 700 on longtubes, y pipe, and a cutout.

#7 05-22-2004 07:25 PM

Re: catback help

Originally posted by min9861
edit:
im thinking about getting the slp loudmouth but what is this "installation kit"? 70 bucks for little tubing and some accessories?? what does it do and do i NEED it?

Agreed,these companys are bending us over.They should supply a 93-7 specific exhaust whether it LM Hooker etc. Maybe a little more $ than 98+,but then again hell no same price :mad: besides which came first... and they get the shank now.
Screw them I just ripped my stock catback off and put a tail pipe on.My own Loud mouth free,sure it has a impotent lookin single tail pipe.But it is not impotent and loud and mean as hell sounding.Mainly cuz I dont need a nice lookin expensive exhaust on my Race car,But I did put a magnaflow catback on my other car mainly for looks AND performance.

min9861 05-27-2004 12:54 AM

ok i got the flowmasters today and installed em right after i got em. are there anything i should do after i install it? like any type of checking or testing? how do i find out if my car gained any more power? i checked for leaks and there were non. ty

Eliminator 05-30-2004 08:56 AM

To see if you gained anything you would have had to dyno the car before and after to see the diff. How do you like the sound?