General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Which cat-back exhaust is better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 10:46 PM

Lightbulb Which cat-back exhaust is better?

i am looking for either a borla or corsa cat-back system, i am not sure which one to get, i heard perks about borla and about corsa, the only prob with borla heard it had prob finding headers to hook up to it? which should i get borla or corsa
Old 04-09-2004, 10:11 AM

I'd go with corsa. the premium pro series tips is an an awesome exhaust....but they are both good.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:35 PM

Have you heard of GMMG, if your in that price range allready, you should check it out, it sounds better than both to me.

www.gmmginc.net
Old 04-09-2004, 04:15 PM

Between Borla and Corsa, go with the Corsa. As mentioned above GMMG is great too.

www.ls1sounds.com

Go there and see which you like better.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:54 PM

Doesn't GMMG flow better too? Have you thought about maybe Magnaflow also?
Old 04-10-2004, 12:55 AM

I like corso over borla but if your gonna spend that kind of money go with GMMG. its the absolute best there is.

-john
Old 04-10-2004, 04:40 AM

Its all a matter of opinion. Your best bet is to find people with the diffrent exhausts, and listen to them, and ride/drive in them,and then make up your mind.

Personally, i don't care for Corsa. I dont care for the sound of it, seems to quite,and more rich guy sports car sound, where as i want a deep muscle sound

I've also seen issues of the insides of Corsa Mufflers messing up. Makes the car sound like it has an exhaust rattle, but i think somthing breaks inside the muffler(s). A guy with a 99 Z28 and Corsa has that problem. My dad's sounds the same way, and so does a local Z06.

Borla's are great, and i love the tips. To many people around here have them though. I have heard a few people complain that they get raspy, or crappy sounding if you have LT's and no cat with an open plate. Don't quote me on that, just what i've heard a few diffrent people mention on here.

I wanted somthing a little diffrent, so i opted for the GMMG exhaust, there is a Group Purchase going on right now, save 50 bucks for the standard tips, and 75 bucks saved when you choose the optional tips. Its still a lot to spend for an exhaust system (650/775 gp pricing),but if you really care about how your car sounds, it will be worth it.

And to whoever asked if the GMMG flows well, this is the exhaust that was used on the GMMG 427 ZL1

Someone welded up a cutout on a motor that made quite a bit of horsepower, and only saw "decimal dyno gains" so I'm assuming that its only a couple/few HP, so it flows excellently.

www.gmmginc.net

Last edited by jdhommert; 04-10-2004 at 04:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by jdhommert
Its all a matter of opinion. Your best bet is to find people with the diffrent exhausts, and listen to them, and ride/drive in them,and then make up your mind.

Personally, i don't care for Corsa. I dont care for the sound of it, seems to quite,and more rich guy sports car sound, where as i want a deep muscle sound

I've also seen issues of the insides of Corsa Mufflers messing up. Makes the car sound like it has an exhaust rattle, but i think somthing breaks inside the muffler(s). A guy with a 99 Z28 and Corsa has that problem. My dad's sounds the same way, and so does a local Z06.

Borla's are great, and i love the tips. To many people around here have them though. I have heard a few people complain that they get raspy, or crappy sounding if you have LT's and no cat with an open plate. Don't quote me on that, just what i've heard a few diffrent people mention on here.

I wanted somthing a little diffrent, so i opted for the GMMG exhaust, there is a Group Purchase going on right now, save 50 bucks for the standard tips, and 75 bucks saved when you choose the optional tips. Its still a lot to spend for an exhaust system (650/775 gp pricing),but if you really care about how your car sounds, it will be worth it.

And to whoever asked if the GMMG flows well, this is the exhaust that was used on the GMMG 427 ZL1

Someone welded up a cutout on a motor that made quite a bit of horsepower, and only saw "decimal dyno gains" so I'm assuming that its only a couple/few HP, so it flows excellently.

www.gmmginc.net
Sounds like GMMG is the better buy to me. Thanks for the info on the cutout and it's minimal gains too.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:36 AM

GMMG There is no other.