General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

4th gen Manual windows vs electric windows

Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM

4th gen Manual windows vs electric windows

This is a question i searched up but could not find so i investigated myself.

I know the electric windows can be a luxury but they can also be a pain. I have a wrecked 95 v6 with manual windows and a 94 z28 with electric windows. Needless to say my windows in my 94 are off track, causes my t-tops to leak. And the window motors dont work. I myself have always loved the manual windows due to the fact of how easy the electric ones go out.
My question was can you interchange the manual windows into the electric window door. Well i found out my answer and thought i would share.

This is the electric door if you look closely to where the window motor mounts you can see a different set of holes. Those were for the manual window options

This is the manual window door as you can see where the manual window track mounted.

The only difference is unlike a electric window where you can just take out the motor on a manual you have to take out the whole track.

So my conclusion was that you can change them over. Hope this helps with one out a million questions about the 4th gen.

This is the door before i tore it apart.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Re: 4th gen Manual windows vs electric windows

Thanks. That is good information.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:55 PM

Re: 4th gen Manual windows vs electric windows

Also here is another hint from a parts car. I didnt want to make another thread on something so simple. If you have a tore driver seat in the top part. You can steal the passenger seat cover off the parts car and put it over the driver side. Only thing is you got to cut a slit for the seat release in the back and fish around for the seat belt guide screw holes but works perfect. If your missing foam just cut the section out that you need and glue it in place. This has probably been said before but this is a common issue for most of us. All you would have to do is take a trip to the junk yard and it takes 2 secs to remover seat cover.:beer: cheers

Referring to the common cloth seats also

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2