Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

supercharged stock bottom end ltx dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:58 PM

supercharged stock bottom end ltx dyno results

I just dyno'd my supercharged ltx. Its a ported lt1 heads/hotcam/ LT headers car running stock PCM. P600B blower at 10 psi. Also meth/water injection.

Im not sure if this is good/ bad. Just wanted to post it here.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-f...post1578762546
Old 09-22-2011, 05:23 AM

Re: supercharged stock bottom end ltx dyno results

Similar build- only major differences being a Comp 'blower' cam with .502/.520 lift and intercooler, no meth.- was only pushing 5psi and turned to 5500rpm and made 476hp/465tq on a dyno jet.

Don't rely simply on dyno numbers- there is no standard calibration so one might read a little 'hotter' than another one.

Get a good cam ground for a supercharger and you'll likely pick up quite a few ponies.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Procharged94Lt1
Similar build- only major differences being a Comp 'blower' cam with .502/.520 lift and intercooler, no meth.- was only pushing 5psi and turned to 5500rpm and made 476hp/465tq on a dyno jet.

Don't rely simply on dyno numbers- there is no standard calibration so one might read a little 'hotter' than another one.

Get a good cam ground for a supercharger and you'll likely pick up quite a few ponies.
Yeah I don't know why I didn't do better. Did you have worked heads on there? And a stock bottom end?

I know my heads are a bottleneck. They are crappily hand_ported lt1 heads. I say that bc they aren't matched to the intake or anything like that.

I'm running the hotcam which isn't exactly a bad cam. It has 112 lsa.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
I just dyno'd my supercharged ltx. Its a ported lt1 heads/hotcam/ LT headers car running stock PCM. P600B blower at 10 psi. Also meth/water injection.

Im not sure if this is good/ bad. Just wanted to post it here.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-f...post1578762546
I would say that dyno curve shows a lot of good useable power for the street. I think you have a good setup there and I don't know if I would do too much else to it. Should be a fun car just the way it is.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Blown 95 TA
I would say that dyno curve shows a lot of good useable power for the street. I think you have a good setup there and I don't know if I would do too much else to it. Should be a fun car just the way it is.
It really is fun on the street. I was impressed how flat my tq curve is down low - unusual for a centrifugal. I'm running high spark advance (31 degrees) low in the rpm range and have it backing off to 20 degrees in the 5000 rpm range as boost hits. I'm hoping that timing and the meth/water inj helps keep my stock bottom end intact.

I guess my expectations of 500 rwhp were more for bragging rights. Ill get it to the track and see what it does. If I'm lucky it'll be about 12.1 at the track I run at.

If any of you have any dyno charts please post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 PM

It really is fun on the street. I was impressed how flat my tq curve is down low - unusual for a centrifugal. I'm running high spark advance (31 degrees) low in the rpm range and have it backing off to 20 degrees in the 5000 rpm range as boost hits. I'm hoping that timing and the meth/water inj helps keep my stock bottom end intact.

I guess my expectations of 500 rwhp were more for bragging rights. Ill get it to the track and see what it does. If I'm lucky it'll be about 12.1 at the track I run at.

If any of you have any dyno charts please post
You should be able to go 12.1 or so if you can hook at all. I think that's about how fast I was going when I had a similar setup and your car is lighter than mine. You'll know more about how much power your car has by your mph at the track than what the dyno tells you, as long as you have an accurate race weight.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:35 PM

Yeah I don't know why I didn't do better. Did you have worked heads on there? And a stock bottom end?

I know my heads are a bottleneck. They are crappily hand_ported lt1 heads. I say that bc they aren't matched to the intake or anything like that.

I'm running the hotcam which isn't exactly a bad cam. It has 112 lsa.
Yeah- they were slightly worked stock heads- matched to the heads, but not much more than a clean-up and bowl blend. Still had the stock bottom end at that point too.

If you run hard at the track I would be more worried about the rear-end holding together than the bottom end.

Stay conservative with your tune and you shouldn't have an issue with the bottom half. Blowers and nitrous get a bad rep from people trying to get too much power from them. Stay within the limits of what you have and your motor should last a good long time.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Procharged94Lt1
Yeah- they were slightly worked stock heads- matched to the heads, but not much more than a clean-up and bowl blend. Still had the stock bottom end at that point too.

If you run hard at the track I would be more worried about the rear-end holding together than the bottom end.

Stay conservative with your tune and you shouldn't have an issue with the bottom half. Blowers and nitrous get a bad rep from people trying to get too much power from them. Stay within the limits of what you have and your motor should last a good long time.
This. Your rear end will crap out sooner than your beaings and crank. Your pistons are a crap shoot, though.