Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Sunday at Musclepalooza with the TurboZ28..

Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 AM

Sunday at Musclepalooza with the TurboZ28..

It was a beautiful freakin' day on Sunday and at the nearby dragstrip (Lebanon Valley) they were having their annual Musclepalooza event. That morning, I hadn't even thought about going though because the day before was so rainy, I thought the whole weekend was going to be that way. So when a bud facebook messaged me and asked, "Hey Dave, you going to the Valley today?", I glanced outside and thought, "why not?". So I got all the crap out of my car, gathered some quarters for a quick car wash and then picked up my helmet and headed out. When I got there, good lord at the cars. I have a video of the 'car show' portion and it's amazing. It set a record for the track in terms of number of show cars and attendance. They actually ran out of parking space for the show cars(I guess well over a thousand cars just showing). The drag racing was setup as 14.00 and slower, 13 second, 12 second, 11 second, 10 second, 9 second and 8 second cars. It took over 2 hours to get to a pass so I only ran the one pass. I took a lot of videos of the 10 second and quicker cars. Great stuff. A bud that happened to be there took a video of my car but its from the side, near the starting line. You can't see much more than the launch where the drag car (65'ish Nova with slicks, open headers) murdered me off the line via a better reaction time and a better sixty foot. But, the turbo Red Devil ran him down I ran a 11.5 at 127mph while the Nova ran a 12.2 at 109mph. A GREAT fun day. There were some amazing cars out there. Factory Hemi Challengers, Plymouth Superbird, just about every dream muscle car, old and new, you can think of.

Race Prep: None.. hahaha.. Off the highway and onto the track. Full interior, 93 pump gas only, street tires that I drive daily plus a weekly round trip to/from Rochester/Albany (249 miles one way), 50lbs of tools in the hatch.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:43 PM

Re: Sunday at Musclepalooza with the TurboZ28..

Old 07-12-2014, 02:51 PM

Re: Sunday at Musclepalooza with the TurboZ28..

Sounds like a perfect day!