Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

PCV on boosted car

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:08 PM

PCV on boosted car

Hello everyone. I have been reading a lot of posts for the last couple of days and am still have some difficulty figuring out what I need to do. First off I recently got my vehicle out to California from the shop in Florida after having a Procharger installed on it, it is only making about 4 lbs of boost right now and has been dyno tuned to that until I get all the bugs out of it.

The motor is built for boost, forged internals, low compression, etc. I have a vent on the passengers side valve cover, nothing on the drivers side valve cover, and the PCV system has been capped off. Pictures below.

I have been leaking like crazy and smoke comes at a pretty steady rate out of the dipstick tube when I take the dipstick out to check the oil. I do also get some oil out of the drivers side vent all over the valve cover after running the car a little hard. The car runs fine and there are no issue with it running or any lights that come on at all. It has been parked in my garage since I saw the smoke and PCV system until I could figure it out.

I'm not sure if I need to hook the PCV system back up, run catch cans, or run a vacuum pump? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails PCV on boosted car-pcv1.jpg   PCV on boosted car-pcv2.jpg  
Old 10-07-2017, 07:54 PM

Re: PCV on boosted car

Here is what I have:
https://www.mightymousesolutions.com...t-page/pcv-can

Little pricey, but a nice set up. They are also happy to answer any questions and help you with what you need.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:13 PM

Re: PCV on boosted car

Thank you for the information, I have been in contact with Dave from Mighty Mouse and they are awesome, extremely willing to help. I sent him pictures of my setup and he is putting together a system. Thank you.