Where's all the longtime members? - Page 42 - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Go Back  CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Where's all the longtime members? >

Where's all the longtime members?

F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.
Like Tree13Likes

Where's all the longtime members?

Old 08-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Where's all the longtime members?

Originally Posted by SCNGENNFTHGEN View Post
I am still driving my swapped LT1. Still an LT1 guy, thanks in no small part to the help I got from guys like you and shoebox.
Thanks!

Rob/Shoebox is still active, even though he has sold his 95 Z28. I'm getting ready to sell my Formula. The owners closed down the Englishtown drag strip (they are renting the property to an outfit - Copart - that buys up storm damaged cars, and resells them), 7 miles from my home. Could drive there. But I don't have my pickup or my car trailer any more, so I'm not going to take it to Atco or Island. Plus I just don't have the energy and coordination to crawl under the car and maintain it.

I'm retired, driving a Subaru Forester and my wife has a .................... Prius

Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
Thanks!

Rob/Shoebox is still active, even though he has sold his 95 Z28. I'm getting ready to sell my Formula. The owners closed down the Englishtown drag strip (they are renting the property to an outfit - Copart - that buys up storm damaged cars, and resells them), 7 miles from my home. Could drive there. But I don't have my pickup or my car trailer any more, so I'm not going to take it to Atco or Island. Plus I just don't have the energy and coordination to crawl under the car and maintain it.

I'm retired, driving a Subaru Forester and my wife has a .................... Prius
Yea, I was quite mad when I heard about E-Town. I moved to Florida in 07 haven't looked back. I got rear ended on my Buell in the beginning of this year, after 100k miles on it. I am a little screwed up but it wasn't totalled. I am working on polishing some of my aluminum. Putting it back together with a 50cc big bore kit, so I can ride again. Still have my 94 z28, but I just got the full quarter for my 73. I am pulling the LT1/T56 for the 73, but I have a ton of welding first. It has the cc503 cam, but I am using the bowtie intake and an Edelbrock carb. I will be fooling around with cars and bikes until I take my last breath. Great to see a lot of the old names in this thread though.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM

Still alive! 2014 GT500 and 2016 Golf R currently.

I spend most of my free time doing this instead though.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:49 AM

First time signing in since April of 2015. I'll probably check back in a few years.

Sad, this place used to be awesome.
Old Today, 07:19 PM

I joined in 2003. Hell I was in 11th or 12th grade.

Still have the 95' Z28. For the longest time I said I would never sell it since I bought it, totaled, and (2) truck loads of parts, engine out of it, etc. Then rebuilt it between 11th and 12th grade. I have the car to this day but have considered selling it. The wife always tells me no no no lol. Still driving beater trucks. Have gone through (4) different sport bikes. The car recieves very little of my time and attention these days. But I am looking to buy or build a shop for a construction company. When that happens I will be buying a lift.

Maybe then I can build the D1SC w/N20 383 I been saying I was going to do for years. Life got in the way. I bought a house, etc.

But I still like them old LT1 cars. Check in here less frequently than I ever have. But I feel like if I am planning to finish my build - I better freshen up on here. It was a pleasure to see Fred and Shoebox still are around. What ever happened to Javier and RSKrause? They still active?
Old Today, 07:30 PM

Wow Frez,Case,Phantom remember the old days at MMM and partying all night.
Old Today, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Rich Krause hasn’t signed in since 2012. Javier signs in regularly, but hasn’t posted since April 2017, when he put up post #537 in this thread.

I'm curious about Brent Franker.... hasn’t signed in for 3 years.