Where's all the longtime members? - Page 42 - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Go Back  CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Where's all the longtime members? >

Where's all the longtime members?

F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Where's all the longtime members?

Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Where's all the longtime members?

Originally Posted by SCNGENNFTHGEN View Post
I am still driving my swapped LT1. Still an LT1 guy, thanks in no small part to the help I got from guys like you and shoebox.
Thanks!

Rob/Shoebox is still active, even though he has sold his 95 Z28. I'm getting ready to sell my Formula. The owners closed down the Englishtown drag strip (they are renting the property to an outfit - Copart - that buys up storm damaged cars, and resells them), 7 miles from my home. Could drive there. But I don't have my pickup or my car trailer any more, so I'm not going to take it to Atco or Island. Plus I just don't have the energy and coordination to crawl under the car and maintain it.

I'm retired, driving a Subaru Forester and my wife has a .................... Prius

Old 08-10-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
Thanks!

Rob/Shoebox is still active, even though he has sold his 95 Z28. I'm getting ready to sell my Formula. The owners closed down the Englishtown drag strip (they are renting the property to an outfit - Copart - that buys up storm damaged cars, and resells them), 7 miles from my home. Could drive there. But I don't have my pickup or my car trailer any more, so I'm not going to take it to Atco or Island. Plus I just don't have the energy and coordination to crawl under the car and maintain it.

I'm retired, driving a Subaru Forester and my wife has a .................... Prius
Yea, I was quite mad when I heard about E-Town. I moved to Florida in 07 haven't looked back. I got rear ended on my Buell in the beginning of this year, after 100k miles on it. I am a little screwed up but it wasn't totalled. I am working on polishing some of my aluminum. Putting it back together with a 50cc big bore kit, so I can ride again. Still have my 94 z28, but I just got the full quarter for my 73. I am pulling the LT1/T56 for the 73, but I have a ton of welding first. It has the cc503 cam, but I am using the bowtie intake and an Edelbrock carb. I will be fooling around with cars and bikes until I take my last breath. Great to see a lot of the old names in this thread though.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:41 PM

Still alive! 2014 GT500 and 2016 Golf R currently.

I spend most of my free time doing this instead though.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:49 AM

First time signing in since April of 2015. I'll probably check back in a few years.

Sad, this place used to be awesome.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:19 PM

I joined in 2003. Hell I was in 11th or 12th grade.

Still have the 95' Z28. For the longest time I said I would never sell it since I bought it, totaled, and (2) truck loads of parts, engine out of it, etc. Then rebuilt it between 11th and 12th grade. I have the car to this day but have considered selling it. The wife always tells me no no no lol. Still driving beater trucks. Have gone through (4) different sport bikes. The car recieves very little of my time and attention these days. But I am looking to buy or build a shop for a construction company. When that happens I will be buying a lift.

Maybe then I can build the D1SC w/N20 383 I been saying I was going to do for years. Life got in the way. I bought a house, etc.

But I still like them old LT1 cars. Check in here less frequently than I ever have. But I feel like if I am planning to finish my build - I better freshen up on here. It was a pleasure to see Fred and Shoebox still are around. What ever happened to Javier and RSKrause? They still active?
Old 08-21-2018, 08:30 PM

Wow Frez,Case,Phantom remember the old days at MMM and partying all night.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Rich Krause hasn’t signed in since 2012. Javier signs in regularly, but hasn’t posted since April 2017, when he put up post #537 in this thread.

I'm curious about Brent Franker.... hasn’t signed in for 3 years.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:53 AM

Good to hear a few of them are still around. Javiers car was one of the most known LE cars around for quite some time. I lost my video on here running a BRE/LE 1.5 cam. Bret still around? A real shame how the LT1 crowd died out. They are nothing special but them engines had a solid crew of supporters. Now days everyone rides the LS Swap bandwagon. It will take some time, but I still plan to use my D1SC and N20 kit on my LT1 car. The thoughts of a LS swap crossed my mind but I still am somewhat invested in the LT1 platform. May be a year or two but you fellas will see a nice Dyno pull out of this car still. If i decided to jump to the LS platform I would just find a clean C5
Old 09-04-2018, 09:21 PM

Everyone know Sandra who use to be under ssenvy649? The one feom Canada who is in her mid 40s? Anyone knows her tell her Raulz28's future wife and mother of his baby wants her to back off. You all should look her up she likes man 14yrs+younger and to try to destroy families.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Acruz89 View Post
Everyone know Sandra who use to be under ssenvy649? The one feom Canada who is in her mid 40s? Anyone knows her tell her Raulz28's future wife and mother of his baby wants her to back off. You all should look her up she likes man 14yrs+younger and to try to destroy families.
Raul is so lucky....
Old 09-20-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by mdenz3 View Post
raul is so lucky....
#blessed
Old 09-24-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
First time signing in since April of 2015. I'll probably check back in a few years.

Sad, this place used to be awesome.

we needs more stories about drilldos !
Old 09-24-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by u8dusst View Post
I upgraded my car and my life. This place is like a time capsule that Iím very greatful for. If it werenít for this outlet, I probably would have done even stupider **** and made even worse decisions. Cheers.

When the **** did you get that?
Old 09-29-2018, 11:13 PM

Curious to see what join date I have. I think it will be late 90s. Jobs keep getting in the way and I have, at least temporally lost interest. The Formula is up for sale, 70k, for $5000 with some extra parts. I have not worked too hard on selling it. I need to post it in the for sale section in the next month or two. No plans on selling the '67.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:29 AM

10-year member, 20-year lurker checking in. Still messing with antiquated LT1s.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where's all the longtime members?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.