F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

What to do about the neighbor kids...

Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 AM

Re: What to do about the neighbor kids...

paintballgun
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 AM

You can just scare them by putting one of those string pop firecrackers in the mail box. They would get a kick out of it. If it continues then a web cam is a good idea.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Banned

what do you mean your the "only" "different" household on the block? is this a racist thing your thinking or what?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pontiac_97 View Post
what do you mean your the "only" "different" household on the block? is this a racist thing your thinking or what?
Gay.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Put one of these up like the little alarm signs.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:04 AM

wouldn't worry too much about it. just some pine cones and sticks. if it were roadkill or something nasty or if they were bashing your mailbox with a bat, then I'd be pissed.

A webcam would be pretty cool, though. Just if you wanted to know who it was for curiosities sake. You could always figure out who they were and then take their picture from the webcam shot and photoshop it onto a picture of a milk carton...then tape it to the inside door of your mailbox.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM

It wouldn't hurt to post a sign mentioning that it is a Federal Crime to put un-authorized things in a mailbox.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:56 AM

Webcam, then once you have clear evidence, post office. Also you can look into getting a lock for your mailbox. I'm sure the post office has some sort of option for this.

And how are you the "different" house on the block?(sorry I still haven't quite sorted through all the personalities here on Cz28)

Last edited by TemplarKnight; 10-11-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 AM

Yeah, it's not "hurting" anything. So far, only a few pieces of mail have been sopping wet and covered in dirt, including a water bill (one of the few bills that I can't get or pay online), and a wedding invitation. No real loss, but I think I should also be able to have the expectation that my mail should be left alone.

We're cool with most of the neighbor kids...we put on a good display for Christmas, they love the cars/bikes and always wave, and we wave back...it's not like we're creepy recluses that poision halloween candy. That's the guy down the street.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by TemplarKnight View Post
Webcam, then once you have clear evidence, post office. Also you can look into getting a lock for your mailbox. I'm sure the post office has some sort of option for this.

And how are you the "different" house on the block?(sorry I still haven't quite sorted through all the personalities here on Cz28)
Yes, a $250 locking mailbox is another option. It's been on our dream-catcher list for a while, so it's probably time to install one...I just can't get excited about it though, especially since postal mail is on the decline and we've transistioned so much of our stuff to paperless/online billpay. There's almost no need. And if I installed one, they'd probably do something to it.

To answer your other question...we're the only gay household in the neighborhood.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8 View Post
To answer your other question...we're the only gay household in the neighborhood.
Hate crime!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
Hate crime!
No, Ashton Kutcher's hair is a hate crime. This mailbox stuff is just a prank.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8 View Post
Yes, a $250 locking mailbox is another option. It's been on our dream-catcher list for a while, so it's probably time to install one...I just can't get excited about it though, especially since postal mail is on the decline and we've transistioned so much of our stuff to paperless/online billpay. There's almost no need. And if I installed one, they'd probably do something to it.

I'm guessing the kids don't even know and you're not the only one in the neighborhood getting messed with. quit using that card.

now, if they write "get out f$g" with round up in your front yard, then it might be because you are the "different" household.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM

I'd just get a camera as already suggested. Almost more than having the incidents stop I'd be dying to know who is doing it.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Bellman View Post
I'm guessing the kids don't even know and you're not the only one in the neighborhood getting messed with. quit using that card.

now, if they write "get out f$g" with round up in your front yard, then it might be because you are the "different" household.
He isn't using that card, he stated that they were a different household, and someone asked how they were different. Don't be an a$$ as usual.

If I were in his shoes that would be the first thing to cross my mind as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to do about the neighbor kids...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.