F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Welcome back everyone

Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Lounge Moderator

Re: Welcome back everyone

Originally Posted by Camride View Post
Did you miss the 2 hours the site was down?

And I agree, the site is much slower. Especially just refreshing the main page in the Lounge takes 10-30 seconds where it used to be near instant.

The board is in sad, sad shape.

Someone had to say it.
I did not miss it.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobb View Post
yep, seems to have been an IB issue
yep. i went to a few other know IB boards and they were all down.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 AM

First of all, its kinda sad how much a website being down for 2 hours affects YOUR LIFE.

I only tried to get on here about 14 times during that period...

Originally Posted by GrdLockV6 View Post
Ditto. The only reason I'm still here is because I've been here so long and I'm so familiar with all the board members. I don't have any other forum where I know people as well as I do here.
Yeah... its interesting how I can list a quick few facts about most regulars here... some I could write paragraphs on
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 AM

I was so scared.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 AM

I wonder how much $$ they got for the site. Shame. Maybe if we had known ahead of time we could have held a fundraiser to buy the site as a community and put together a new team of people to manage it. I would have donated a bit of money, as well as my time to administer the site.
I don't think it was the money, it was the time consumed by running the business side of the site. And I totally understand and support why they did it, they have families and full time jobs, and they have made considerable sacrifices to keep this site as awesome as it is/was. I'm still hopeful that the current issues are just "growing pains" from moving to IB... but honestly I don't think it'll get better. Especially because of how much crap I've read about IB. But I will give it some time before I reserve final judgement and make any decisions about leaving.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Camride View Post
I don't think it was the money, it was the time consumed by running the business side of the site. And I totally understand and support why they did it, they have families and full time jobs, and they have made considerable sacrifices to keep this site as awesome as it is/was. I'm still hopeful that the current issues are just "growing pains" from moving to IB... but honestly I don't think it'll get better. Especially because of how much crap I've read about IB. But I will give it some time before I reserve final judgement and make any decisions about leaving.
Oh, I don't fault them for selling the site either. I have no problem with that, it's their life, their decision.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:58 AM

Oh, I don't fault them for selling the site either. I have no problem with that, it's their life, their decision.
I agree 100%.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk