F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Typical Diamond Rant

Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
dtp

Originally Posted by grossesexy View Post
That depends on what you call love. If you mean the initial stage that lasts anywhere from 2 months to 5 years that is proven pretty easily by hormone levels.
My bad, I forgot about the boner test.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by one wicked element View Post
Yes, it's crazy to spend that much money. But it's worth it when you find the right girl, and that is what it is suppose to mean. Also, check out Jared. It really is a much better store then the other "used car lot" places.
Just buy her a t-shirt that says "my man loves me so much he blew six thousand dollars on this useless t-shirt". That way all her friends know for sure what you spent.

Plus you can tell a quality t-shirt from a cheap t-shirt without a microscope
Old 05-13-2008, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 6Speed View Post
Give a woman a diamond and within a few years she closes her legs for good. I don't get it.
Is this really true?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:21 AM

Quit bitching.

How much do you spend on cars and modding them?
Not much really but I'll probably start spending more. I think there's a world of difference between large, complex, mechanical systems and a geological specimen I'd like to buy a house, which is a wiser investment with real use. I also need to finish my brewing system. I can come up with a laundry list of things I'm dumping money on. I don't think a ring needs to be anything more than tasteful no matter how much disposable income you have.

Saving the money to afford it is to make sure YOU are ready for this step in life.
I'm not planning on doing this tomorrow but I also don't need to save for it. There's no way in hell I'm dropping two months salary

SI-1 (Slight inclusions- they are there, but you can't see them with the naked eye).
- You want at least an SI. That way you can only only see what's inside with a microscope.

Color = F (hers is in the colorless range).
- I wouldn't get anything less then a G, or you can see yellow in the diamond, and that's no good.

Cut = Ideal Cut.
- You want a ring that sparkles. The better the cut, the better the diamond reflects the light - your "bling". Get at least a "Good Cut".
Thanks for the guidelines
Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Canadian diamonds...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/diamonds/

They are real, but they don't have any of that nasty South Africa/slaves/DeBeers/terrorism karma...

Even better, Canada's diamonds have gained a world reputation for quality. They are also "clean" in that they are not used to finance terror, war and weapons as they are in parts of the world such as Sierra Leone and Angola. At the end of 2003, Canada was the world's third-largest producer of diamonds, providing 15 per cent of the world's supply.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 AM

Beware of synthetics that are on the market today. Many of them are cubic and not real diamonds.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by JoshGuitar View Post
Just buy her a t-shirt that says "my man loves me so much he blew six thousand dollars on this useless t-shirt". That way all her friends know for sure what you spent.

Plus you can tell a quality t-shirt from a cheap t-shirt without a microscope
I like your style josh.....of course you never have to actually worry about getting engaged or married or anything. What with the one nut and all that....
Old 05-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Don't turn yourself away from some online dealers either. You can get some really good deals on diamonds online, and many will send your diamond and/or ring to a local dealer so you can look at it yourself before making the final decision, no strings attached.

I got my wife's with the following specs:
1.2ct
Emerald - Ideal Cut
VS1
F color

It regularly catches eyes just from her regular hand movement in the light. Bling bling!

Last edited by z28Power; 05-13-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 AM

I would pay the extra and get a real diamond, trust me, most girls care about that. And if they say they don't, they really do.

And also, it's kind of embarassing if your girl goes to get her ring cleaned one day and the jeweler uses a diamond tester on it and it says it's fake.......

The diamond I purchased was slightly over a carret, I think thats a perfect size.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I would pay the extra and get a real diamond, trust me, most girls care about that. And if they say they don't, they really do.
There are girls that don't give a **** about diamonds or big houses or fancy clothes.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by grossesexy View Post
There are girls that don't give a **** about diamonds or big houses or fancy clothes.
You're right. Thoese girls are dead.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 PM

You're right. Thoese girls are dead.

I'm apparently a necrophiliac then!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 PM

I was chatting with the g/f about diamonds one time and brought up the argument about synthetic vs. mined diamonds. I couldn't possibly understand why she preferred a real diamond vs. synthetic.

Then she says: "What if I got a TA and made it look like a ws6 and gave it to you, would it be the same?"

I didn't have much to say after that
Old 05-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Check out http://www.gia.edu/ . There's a ton of info on there. I'm going though the same process right now. I second the buying in person, mainly because if I'm shelling out that much cash for something that going to mean as much as it's supposed to, I sure as hell want to see it first. That's just me though. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ssbowtie1 View Post
I was chatting with the g/f about diamonds one time and brought up the argument about synthetic vs. mined diamonds. I couldn't possibly understand why she preferred a real diamond vs. synthetic.

Then she says: "What if I got a TA and made it look like a ws6 and gave it to you, would it be the same?"

I didn't have much to say after that

I guess it depends on what you mean by synthetic. Do you mean a fake diamond or a man made one?

My girl doesn't care, as long as it's a diamond. She won't go for the CZ stuff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Typical Diamond Rant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.