F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Trump will never be president.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:58 AM

Trump will never be president.

Not because he can't get elected, but because it would ruin his family business. I saw him on the Today show this morning and he was saying how he wouldn't have attacked Libya, but since we did, he would make sure we took all of their oil. That got me thinking. The people of the Arab world think we are there to take their oil already, and here you have this guy saying that if he was president he would take their oil. Now imagine if he won, and the Arabs are pissed at us, or Libya (a know supporter of terrorism against the west) wants revenge. If you want revenge on president Trump what do you attack? His buildings! If Trumps buildings around the world and in the USA started to get bombed, the value of any real estate with his name on it would plummet. Wealthy people do not want to live in terrorist targets. Banks wouldn't back any of his new projects because he wouldn't be able to sell or rent the space. This would bankrupt his company.

For $400k a year, I don't think Trump would ever take the job as president. He just has too much to loose and little to gain (other than a lot more TV face time).

By the way, the 2nd tallest building in the USA right now is the brand new Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago at 1,170 feet.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM

Re: Trump will never be president.

I don't think the amount of money you make as President has anything to do with wanting to be President of the United States.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ibanez6rg View Post
I don't think the amount of money you make as President has anything to do with wanting to be President of the United States.
Yeah... the money is the last thing motivating Trump to want to become president.

IMO he's bored with the business world.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Would Trump win, No. Would he shake up the political world, you better believe it.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM

I'd vote for him. IMO we have nowhere to go but up.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 AM

I'd vote for him, too. He's an obvious leader who's been through tough times and good times. He'd have something completely different to bring to the table.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:11 AM

I disagree, I think the money he could stand to lose will keep him out of it. Not because of the the pay cut, but because of the hit his businesses could take. Being president might cost him billions. I don't think he is willing to be president if it means losing billions. Of course there could be some opportunity that he sees that I'm not seeing.

As for the $400k the prez gets from the government, that has zero impact on anyone's decision to run for the office. Ex-presidents can make more money selling books or giving speeches than they ever would from the actual job. The big pay day for a president comes after his term is over.

Last edited by Z28x; 04-07-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Eh, it'd be just like Perot in '92. It would take enough votes away from the republicans that the dems would be guaranteed a win.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM

I don't think the amount of money you make as President has anything to do with the salary you get paid
fixed... it is all about getting those bribes
Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 AM

Money < Power
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by GrdLockV6 View Post
I'd vote for him. IMO we have nowhere to go but up.
You think now is the worst time in American history? Other than maybe the 1990's I can't think of a better time to be an American. 1920's would have been cool if it wasn't for prohibition. Things could get a lot worse. Great depression ring a bell? Late 70's early 80's were pretty bad too. If we ever fell like Russia in the 1990's this would not be a nice place to live.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Z28x View Post
You think now is the worst time in American history? Other than maybe the 1990's I can't think of a better time to be an American. 1920's would have been cool if it wasn't for prohibition. Things could get a lot worse. Great depression ring a bell? If we ever fell like Russia in the 1990's this would not be a nice place to live.
I wasn't saying this is the absolute lowest economic point in American history. But without going into detail that will derail this into a doomed political thread, the state of most current politicians in power at the current time isn't exactly at it's best, IMO.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by GrdLockV6 View Post
I wasn't saying this is the absolute lowest economic point in American history. But without going into detail that will derail this into a doomed political thread, the state of most current politicians in power at the current time isn't exactly at it's best, IMO.
Maybe other than George Washington, no matter when in time you are, a large group of people would say that about the sitting president. I can't think of one president that didn't have some group of people that didn't like him.

Last edited by Z28x; 04-07-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Huckabee>Trump imo. Trump would shake things up and might even do some good things, but backing people still stuck on oil is BS. I'd like to tell the Middle East to go f off and tap all this Natural gas we are sitting on.

Based on the chart about a 1/4 of the way down on this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_fuel , we can convert Natural gas to gasoline in 4 steps.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Z28x View Post
I disagree, I think the money he could stand to lose will keep him out of it. Not because of the the pay cut, but because of the hit his businesses could take. Being president might cost him billions. I don't think he is willing to be president if it means losing billions. Of course there could be some opportunity that he sees that I'm not seeing.

As for the $400k the prez gets from the government, that has zero impact on anyone's decision to run for the office. Ex-presidents can make more money selling books or giving speeches than they ever would from the actual job. The big pay day for a president comes after his term is over.
Trump is all about domination. If he could go in the history books as being President of the US, he'll take his losses if there are any.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trump will never be president.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.