F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Revenue generation at its finest.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:42 PM
dtp

Revenue generation at its finest.

Hope this is not a repost...

A car with a dead person was given parking tickets repeatedly... When they went to tow it, they got a rude surprise.

http://wcbstv.com/local/ny.vehicle.t...2.1032503.html
Old 06-06-2009, 04:49 PM

People don't matter. It's all about the Benjamins.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:50 PM

I read that yesterday..... You would have thought, that someone would have looked inside... Guess not...
Old 06-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

That's just slack.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:08 PM

What made you choose now to comment on that pic, Alan?
Old 06-06-2009, 07:25 PM

In my city the tow trucks and parking enforcement are suck dicks. One old lady had a medical emergency problem and she pulled over to the side of the road in a no stopping zone, and I guess she was unable to operate the vehicle or call for help. She was 85 IIRC. Anyway the idiots TOW the car and leave it for the morning. They wait until the morning to record the vehicle because it generates a day in storage, and they want to screw people as much as possible.

Anyway somebody scrapes ice off the window and sees an old woman who's dying in there. Yep, she died.
Idiots.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:49 PM

There's only going to be more towing and fines now with the economy. Since tax revenues are down, guess who gets to foot the bill? Yup, all you reckless parking lawbreakers out there!

On a serious note, if the van had rear tinted windows and was under a bridge, there could've been not much light to shine in the van to see inside of it.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by TheV6Bird View Post

On a serious note, if the van had rear tinted windows and was under a bridge, there could've been not much light to shine in the van to see inside of it.
That is a pretty weak argument on the light. Even if the rear windows were tinted, the windshield is NOT, and if I remember right, they place the tickets on the windshield under the wiper. So it was simply a case of being lazy.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Angelis83LT View Post
That is a pretty weak argument on the light. Even if the rear windows were tinted, the windshield is NOT, and if I remember right, they place the tickets on the windshield under the wiper. So it was simply a case of being lazy.
Stand at the front fender of a car, off to the side of the hood like most people would when placing a ticket, and pretend to put a ticket under the wiper. Tell me how much you see inside the vehicle without making a conscious effort to look.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ten_32 View Post
Stand at the front fender of a car, off to the side of the hood like most people would when placing a ticket, and pretend to put a ticket under the wiper. Tell me how much you see inside the vehicle without making a conscious effort to look.
Sure I would probably spot a person sitting in a seat, I would then wonder why the person was just sitting there while I ticketed the vehicle they were in. For all any of those cops knew there was a BOMB in that vehicle. it was a van sitting under a bridge after all. I would tend to thing that most people are aware of their surrounds.
Heck which city rolled out bomb squads for some of those litebright boards?

(Then again, maybe I notice more than others with a quick glance. My problem is remember what it was 10 minutes later.)

Last edited by Angelis83LT; 06-07-2009 at 12:42 AM.