Go Back  CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Quick legal question regarding insurance settlements... >

Quick legal question regarding insurance settlements...

F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Quick legal question regarding insurance settlements...

Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 AM

Re: Quick legal question regarding insurance settlements...

Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
What's keeping me from going ahead and making a claim on my insurance is the fact that my jeep was broken into causing damage as well (unrelated and in a different location than the damage attributed to the accident) and I don't want to get into a situation where I've had too many claims in too short of a period of time.

I went ahead and got the paper notarized... I'm just deciding whether to send it.

What do you think would happen if I modified the language in the release and then got THAT notarized and sent it back? If they then paid me, would that constitute them accepting the form/terms as I sent it? I only see this flying if they don't read it first and the paper pushers just file it and cut the check. At that point they couldn't produce a document that didn't match my original (that I keep) if it ever went to court.

And if I were to go after the balance in a civil scenario, it would likely be a small claims issue against the policy holder (which is an owner of a fleet of vehicles - I forgot to mention this was a commercial policy)
As mentioned already, if you sign and submit that release you will not see another dime. I don't know how your agent is, but I can talk to my agent and find out the ramifications of submitting a claim before doing so and then decide what I want to do. Your agent wants to keep you as a customer so just talking things over with them should not be an issue. Also, if you are not at fault I can't see it making much difference on your insurance rate. Especially when you are looking at losing $4K on the claim.