The PatriotDream.org 68 Camaro project - Page 5 - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #61

Mike, thank you SO much, that is a tremendous help! You are truly a class act, man!
4birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #62

Got the LS1 booster conversion all finished up. I measured and cut the stock brake rod and welded it on to the LS1 booster shaft. The I welded in some metal and cut it to match the hole in the firewall.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #63

Big thanks to bulldog19 on the Lateral-g board for hooking us up with these very nice inner fenders and some RS headlight hardware!

Old 12-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #64

Got a lot of goodies in the last few days! Autometer sent us some SWEET new Ultra-Lite II gauges, along with some schwag.

And Second Skin donated a TON of stuff. Damplifier, blankets, sprayer, knife, Spectrum, adhesive, etc. Basically, everything to keep this car quiet inside!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #65

We also got the subframe out outside on the rotisserie before we realized our compressor was acting up and we'll have to call a mobile blaster. We also didn't get much work done on the floors and chassis because our BRAND NEW Hobart 140 welder decided that it didn't feel like feeding wire anymore. Gotta go exchange it tomorrow, but it really ruined my progress on Saturday.

But, besides all the problems, I did manage to get the a-arms powdercoated in a semi-gloss black. I'll run them down to have the Prothane bushings pressed in this week.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #66

Just a question. This is for your brother right? If so, what makes your brother more special than all the other soldiers, marines, sailors, and airman? Why are all these companies sending you a ton of stuff for free or at a steep discount? I guess this is rubbing me the wrong way, that your getting all this stuff like that. I am pretty sure if alot of other people tried getting "hooked up" for the military family member/friend, they might not get as much co-operation.

So, what am i missing here, and am I totally off base?

PS: I am not hating on you building a car for him, just questioning the method of obtaining otherwise expensive parts.
irocdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocdreamer View Post
Just a question. This is for your brother right? If so, what makes your brother more special than all the other soldiers, marines, sailors, and airman? Why are all these companies sending you a ton of stuff for free or at a steep discount? I guess this is rubbing me the wrong way, that your getting all this stuff like that. I am pretty sure if alot of other people tried getting "hooked up" for the military family member/friend, they might not get as much co-operation.

So, what am i missing here, and am I totally off base?

PS: I am not hating on you building a car for him, just questioning the method of obtaining otherwise expensive parts.
http://cz28.com/forums/showpost.php?...6&postcount=48
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:47 PM   #69

In that case, how about the military members here call up these companies and ask for some help. Lets see if anyone else gets some help.
irocdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:53 PM   #70

Quote:
In that case, how about the military members here call up these companies and ask for some help. Lets see if anyone else gets some help.
they dont serve this country to look for handouts. if someone else wants to devote the time and money to build a car for someone else, they are more than welcome to do so. Put one together for someone and contacting these companies to help you out...
Chevycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycobb View Post
they dont serve this country to look for handouts. if someone else wants to devote the time and money to build a car for someone else, they are more than welcome to do so. Put one together for someone and contacting these companies to help you out...
Exactly. I've had a few spuses and mothers email me asking for help in building their soldier's cars. I told them what I did and how I did it and they have been trying it out with good success as well. It isn't just me, I'm just the one posting it up and trying to show the sponsors thanks for helping out!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #72

Quote:
I wouldn't feel right cold calling companies looking for a hand out for me. I could do it for someone else. I also wouldn't turn down a car that someone else built for me using this method.
Even though my wife has a general idea of what I want to do to the car, she wouldn't have the first idea of how to go about finding parts and building the car. I definately wouldn't expect something like this if I deployed (at least 2.5 years away).
If someone here wants to try this with my Thirdgen, the car is available for rebuild.

Last edited by POS Camaro; 12-10-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Begging
POS Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #73

The Gear Box sent us this T56 rebuild kit and steel 3-4 shift fork for the T56 we're putting in the car. Jerminator donated a T56 and the rebuild, so major thanks to him! We still need an LS1 4th gear/input shaft, 6th gear, and an LS1 front plate, so if anyone has anything lying around they might be able to help us out with, please let me know!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #74

all I got is a few LT1 parts lying around...wish I could donate more to ya. hopefully later when I have a better idea where i'll be financially
Chevycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #75

Thumbs up

How much longer until Shawn comes home?
Mikey97Z is offline   Reply With Quote