The PatriotDream.org 68 Camaro project - Page 16 - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #226  

I have no reason to not believe what he says.
Chevycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #227  
Banned

Strong accusations in this thread with no real substantiation.
shock6906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #228  

Location: Welcome to Chicago. Get out while you are still alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock6906 View Post
Strong accusations in this thread with no real substantiation.

I think its very clear what is going on. Other people here see it. Open your eyes.
Flare65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #229  
Super Moderator

Okay, everybody has made their point. The bashing and arguing ends here and now.

Thanks.
JakeRobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #230  

Hopefully someone that knows me personally can back me up here, I know there are some people here who hang out with my car club.

And trust me, if I wanted to scam someone into building a car, it sure as hell wouldn't be a Camaro. It would either be the 79 SE TA 400/4-spd I sold to get the project started (I only used some of that money towards the project, to be completely honest - some of it went to pay off my 98 TA and buy my AMX-but at least $1k of it went towards the project), or the 74 AMX with the 401 and 4-spd I was building, but sold and used the cash to keep the project going.

I appreciate all you guys who have been backing me up.
4birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #231  

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to be scarce. Things have been crazy around here, my wife and I just had our second kid last Friday, so the last 9 months have been a blur. Shawn and I have been working on getting things together on the car so we can finish it up in time for show season next year hopefully. We're all hoping that by that time, he'll get a transfer to Ft. Bragg so they'll be closer to us and we can hit the shows together too!

Anyway, here's an update. The rear quarter panel needs a new skin. I saw that it was kind of out, but I'm not a body man so I wasn't quite sure. Harry saw it and said he'd rather replace it to be sure it looks perfect. We're having some new Goodmark panels headed his way (quarter skin and trunk kid) so he can get those squared away.
Here's some pictures of it. You can see the difference in where the body line should be and where it is now.
Name:  DSC_0181.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  54.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0165.jpg
Size:  49.5 KB

They also finished up some rust repair on the door window channel.
Name:  DSC_0165.jpg
Size:  49.5 KB

I'm hopefully going to be picking up the rebuilt ST-10 4-spd from Tick Performance soon, and hoping the engine will be finished soon. Hey was working on it, but I haven't been by to check the progress recently. I'll hopefully find something out there soon too.

We are also going to be rolling out a new webpage soon. Now that the car was given to Shawn, we're going to take the focus from building it for Shawn and more towards trying to use it to raise money for a disabled veterans foundation. I'll keep everyone posted on that front. Should be relatively soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0165.jpg (49.5 KB, 1 views)
4birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the Nomad View Post
Agree with some here that it's a bit lame that this car is being put together for a bro in law who (for all we know) hasn't gone above and beyond what his fellow soldiers are doing.

Also agree that nobody forced these companies to donate all the fancy parts, so there's really no harm done.

I think that a lot of us (although I can speak only for myself) are tired of hearing about how all these kids are heros and patriots just because they wear the uniform. My little brother is among them and he doesn't get any extra respect from me unless he actually does something above and beyond/heroic.

The main reason I don't approve of this Patriot Dream project is that I'm jealous that somebody who isn't me will get a 68 Camaro.
As a "citizen", I see ANY soldier as someone who goes above and beyond. Each and everyone of them is putting their life on the line for this country - regardless of their duties. Every one who signs up, knows the risks, and the ultimate price they may pay. I have two family members who are currently active, and I have much respect for them.

I will agree 100% that every "nay say'er" is just a jealous poster. But it's not like he (the father) made one post on a forum and said "gimme free car stuff" and companies came pouring out with free goodies. I bet there's a LOT of leg work involved in this project, and a lot more personal time and money then what's being posted.

I loathe the "me too" mindset. The "hey this person has something and I want one too". It's like kids fighting over ice cream or a new toy. "It's not fair that they got something and I didn't". That's right. It's not fair; it's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super83Z View Post
Its great your sacrificing for someone else, don't listen to the morons on here.
This. Thank you for doing something special for one of our service men.
one wicked element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #233  

Glad to hear it is still coming along.
Chevycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #234  

Re: The PatriotDream.org 68 Camaro project

Update?
johnny6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #235  
Banned

November 21st Update:
Body work and paint work have been donated! Car is headed to the shop in a few weeks!

off the website--
06GTOm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #236  

Hey bro, any updates?
mdenz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdenz3 View Post
Hey bro, any updates?
His update is "Thanks for the parts everyone, i'm enjoying my new car"
johnny6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #238  

nice car
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #239  

Really looking forward to seeing the progress on this.
CatsTasteGood likes this.
mdenz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #240  

Sigh... Maybe us blindly nice people should listen to the whistle blowers more often.
King Moose SS is offline   Reply With Quote