Papa John's Camaro Story Turns Ugly - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Go Back  CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Papa John's Camaro Story Turns Ugly >

Papa John's Camaro Story Turns Ugly

F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:09 AM

http://www.wlky.com/automotive/20710682/detail.html#

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Less than 24 hours after WLKY ran an exclusive story about a Kentucky couple threatening to take legal action against Papa John's, the pizza chain has filed a suit of its own.

The case is over the company's just-concluded $250,000 Camaro chase contest.

The Slones of Russell, Ky., claim they deserve the $250,000 prize because they tracked down company founder John Schnatter's old Camaro.

But Papa John's said the contest rules are clear and contend the Slones have now put the company in a bad light.

“Unfortunately, their claims and threats against Papa John's left us no choice but to file an action,” said Chris Sternberg of Papa John's.

Schnatter reclaimed his 1971 Camaro from Jeff Robinson of Flatwoods, Ky.

Schnatter, who had sold the vehicle 25 years ago, said the Camaro is part of Papa John's history.

Billie Slone, whose husband, Phillip, once owned the car, said it was her family who told Papa John's where the vehicle could be found and they deserve the money.

“We did everything very forthright and honest, told them everything they wanted to know,” she said.

But the lawsuit filed against the Slones claims that after Papa John's told her she didn't qualify for the prize because she didn't have title to the vehicle, Billie Slone contacted Robinson, telling him she knew a man who would pay $125,000 for his Camaro.

The suit charges the Slones attempted to commit fraud, and goes on to state that the Slones have since disparaged Papa John's by making false claims and comments.

In a telephone interview on Tuesday, Billie Slone alleged once the contest got going, the company changed the guidelines.

“The rules had been changed to indicate only the owner of the automobile could win the $250,000,” she said.

“The rules have always required the contest winner present the official title to the car,” Sternberg said.

“What we want the court to do is to certify the company has run the contest properly and declare Jeff Robinson the winner, and that the family nor anyone else is entitled to anything under the contest,” Sternberg said.

Slone had no comment on the lawsuit. Her attorney didn't return WLKY's call.

As for Robinson, he said he was aware of the contest before Billie Slone came knocking.

The company did offer the Slones $25,000 for the role they played in linking Robinson with Papa John's.

So these people tell "Papa John" where his car is, and are entitled to NO money. He throws $25k at them for their help and they're STILL not happy??

I wonder what would happen if this nation stopped suing everybody for like 4 days?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Sounds like a woman was involved. typical.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:29 AM

They should be happy with the $25k, or kept their mouth shut from the beginning

How much is Papa Johns suing them for ? ---
Old 09-04-2009, 02:38 AM

I was hoping this would be about Papa Johns discriminating against Firebird owners.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:04 AM

Dang, more more more.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 AM

Can we just make it illegal to sue people for stupid ****
Old 09-04-2009, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by z28 justin View Post
Can we just make it illegal to sue people for stupid ****
i heard some canadia people say in their country if u sue and lose you have to pay the other party's court costs...

and grdlock still hurtin over not gettin a free pizza
Old 09-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Banned

Wow what a bunch of dummies!

Either take 25k or a lawsuit, and they picked the lawsuit.........bozo's
Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Banned

What a greedy, money-grubbing, filthy bitch-*** *****. Papa John gives them 25,000 dollars, even though he didn't have to, and they still think they are entitled to more. Goddamn. Everybody wants something for nothing. If I knew who owned his car, but didn't own it myself, I would have told him where to find it and not expected a penny. My satisfaction would have been helping him find his old car. If he plopped 25 grand on my lap for just telling him where the car is, I'd be freaking ecstatic!

People like that just need to be drug out into the street and shot.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 AM

I hope they lose in court and after it's all said and done i hope they spend that 25k in court fees and lawyers, greedy *** bitches.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 AM

really is sad what this country has become, everyone wants something for nothing, i wish papa johns would sue them for the bad publicity this is causing and take everything they own and leave them on the street, that would be justice
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if there was no such thing as a civil lawsuit, and that such things would be better handled through third party arbitration, etc. I know that's not really realistic, but this is ridiculous and there has to be a better way.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:41 AM
dtp

Originally Posted by Smith4046 View Post
Lawyers just love this kind of crap. It's called "job security".

Best of health and longevity.

Steve

Russel Crowe said it best "I find your legal system easy to abuse", or something along those lines during an interview a few years back.

Seriously, people here mentioned in some other countries if you sue and lose, you pay your own legal fees. Is that not the case here?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb View Post

Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if there was no such thing as a civil lawsuit, and that such things would be better handled through third party arbitration, etc. I know that's not really realistic, but this is ridiculous and there has to be a better way.
I think we should just go back the old way of dueling to settle disputes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Papa John's Camaro Story Turns Ugly

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.