F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

married guys

Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM

married guys

how many here do date night? things started to get a little stale and we were starting to have arguements. since we dont do alot we decided to have fri as date night to help create healthy change and it so far has worked. at first it was just dinner and then after a while creativity came in to play and we started doing other things.

amazing how your marrage gets tunnel vision when you dont do much and how things change for the positve when you take 1 day a week to make change.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM

Re: married guys

In that now. We do go out, but it usually involves the kids comming along. Really is time constraint as to why we dont do it alone. It is a very good idea though. But, you may wanna ad a little spontinaity to it also. Call her on Thursday and make the date that night. Part of the problem is the predictability of a long term relationship. When the whole days events are already known upon waking, gotta change em up.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 PM

I do date night as well. Granted, if my wife caught me out with my gf on those nights, it might not go over well. But, it keeps the spice in it
Old 11-29-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by CharlzO View Post
I do date night as well. Granted, if my wife caught me out with my gf on those nights, it might not go over well. But, it keeps the spice in it
Old 11-29-2011, 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=bencher;6832299]. But, you may wanna ad a little spontinaity to it also. /QUOTE]

i threw her a slight curve at our dinner the other night, i gave her a facial and massage. i agree, being we have been doing this for a bit now has loosened up my thoughts and i have had a few ideas to change things up.

this also is good for us as mentioned in 2 threads previously that my granny lives with us and has alszhimers and it allows us actually talk without having an interjection from granny and its not right at bed time so no time left to actually talk due to time or were both to tired otherwise.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by quickchicken View Post
i threw her a slight curve at our dinner the other night, i gave her a facial
Was the restaurant fine with this behavior?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Melee Penguin View Post

DOH!! shoulda checked my wording on that, i deserve that shot.

i gave her a Goulds day spa treatment, is that better?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:00 AM

My grandparents have had date night every Saturday throughout their marriage. They just celebrated their 59th anniversary.

They must be doing something right, and I always believed this was part of what makes it work. They always made sure to invest in one another and make time for each other. Getting the chance to "date" like you did before you got married always keeps things fresh. We used to do it too, before the kiddo came along.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by quickchicken View Post
Originally Posted by bencher View Post
. But, you may wanna ad a little spontinaity to it also.
i threw her a slight curve at our dinner the other night, i gave her a facial
Originally Posted by Melee Penguin View Post

Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM

I would love to be able to afford a date night, with her student loans and car payments though we really don't have any disposable income right now.

It should get a little easier in the next few months when all of that gets paid off though.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM

We don't have a date night. But we do go out multiple times a month to something. It's just not a set night. Some months it's more than once a week, and some months it's only about two times that month. (**** your cold *** self February).

Of course, some people might consider streaming a moving on netflix with homemade popcorn a date night as well. And we do that about once a week.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Lounge Moderator

No regular date-night for us either, but my scheduled days off change from month to month.

That doesn't keep social activity from happening, though I'd say we really go out once or twice a month. In NYC, that translates to $100-$150 a pop (sometimes more), so it's about all I can handle.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 AM

When i was married we never had a set date night, and i have never been the type of guy to just around the house all week.

We would always end up going out somewhere, even if it was just a friends house.
unfortunately for her, her idea of going out turned to, sitting in the house getting drunk, that was the beginning of the end.

Ah, i do not miss married life at all, i can pick up my phone if i want a date night or turn it off if i want to stay home playing XBox
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM

When i was married i tried date nite,...wife got really pissed...guess she didn't like the girli picked.
No pics!!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:58 PM

We try to go out at least once a week. Have a nice dinner, and talk. It really works, we just celebrated our 33rd anniversary on 9/30

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: married guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.