Man. Remember the board member NeoPaladin? - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Go Back  CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Man. Remember the board member NeoPaladin? >

Man. Remember the board member NeoPaladin?

F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Man. Remember the board member NeoPaladin?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM

Unhappy Man. Remember the board member NeoPaladin?

http://www.legacy.com/OrangeCounty/O...sonId=16065280

http://graphic.pepperdine.edu/news/2...6-10-death.htm

I'm absolutely 100% positive that's him.

Remember how quickly he left the board? No whereabouts. No story. Nothing. He always seemed like an awesome dude, we had many, many great conversations. He started to date/flirt with the board member Buzzbomb, then he vanished. (Edit: Post #6 explains, but he ends up marrying Buzzbomb.)

I mentioned him in a thread earlier and it got me wondering about him. I thought about sending him an email and saw that his email address gave his full name and the fact that he went to Pepperdine. A search led to the above links.

It's crazy, man, as I'm sitting here teary-eyed. Over two years and we never found out. It just goes to show you how quickly lives can change and how even a simple online community can change without anyone even realizing it.

Man.

Edit: Just received an email from David's father:
Dustin, Mike,

Thank you for your kind emails. Yes, my son is the David you knew. He was a car guy, I guess he inherited it from me, I grew up in Detroit and many of my friends still work in the auto industry. Mike from the board also sent me a link to the thread on your board, I am not a member so I cannot post. If you want to copy this on it is OK.

My web site kind of says it all. I update it about three or for times a year. I will be adding a story about David’s college years this summer, I have been writing it. I will now include some of the info from the tread in the story. If you have more info let me know.

David’s wife now lives with us, but she has a full time job as an IT manager and will probably be moving on soon. She is a wonderful woman. David enjoyed Camaro’s and Firebird’s, he bought her a red Camaro convertible for a wedding present. She still has it, and tells me she always will.

He was a great guy and son, and I will never forget him.

Jack A. Allweiss
-DW

Last edited by DWray; 04-23-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:34 PM

Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 PM

Old 04-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned

Wow...that's really a bummer... I've thought about how word would spread if something should happen to me. I've got a couple of friends who are members on this board that I am sure would make a post if something tragic were to happen to me. In fact, I would hope that they would, because I'd want you guys all to know. You are all friends to me.

Edit: I try not to think about things like this too often, but it does cross my mind on occasion.

Last edited by shock6906; 04-22-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shock6906 View Post
Wow...that's really a bummer... I've thought about how word would spread if something should happen to me. I've got a couple of friends who are members on this board that I am sure would make a post if something tragic were to happen to me. In fact, I would hope that they would, because I'd want you guys all to know. You are all friends to me.
When I go noone is going to know.......

Sad about the other guy he was really young.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by NeoPaladin View Post
Did someone mention us?

Hey guys... it's been a while, I know. I'm a little surprised that anyone remembers myself and Meg (Buzzbomb), but I'm very flattered. As Blue89 said, we are getting married at the end of July. I proposed last May.

I don't want to really go into the reasons that Meg and I decided to leave the forum here, as they're long and complicated for a variety of reasons. However, we consider all of you here friends, and want to thank you for your kind wishes.

Things have been going very well for both of us, but I don't want to steal Jen's thread. Suffice it to say that if you want to talk to either of us, feel free to e-mail us and we'll be happy to talk about everything that's been going on. Meg finally got a Camaro again this past week, so any cruising ideas in Southern California are welcome too.

Jen, Jer, congrats and best wishes to you. I hope that your wedding is fantastic. Just remember to stick with each other through the planning process... it's almost over for Meg and I, but there were definitely some trying times. Good luck!
Woah. Buzzbomb was his wife. That's crazy.

He was an awesome, awesome dude.

-DW
Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 PM

cars are mentioned twice.

wow.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 PM

That really stinks

Yeah, I recognize his name but not much else about him...

Such a shame. He was only married for 5 months And such a beautiful bride.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 PM

I remember both of them. You never know. It is so easy to not realize when someone is not around anymore.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 PM

I remember the name but never talked to the dude.

I didn't realize this happened almost three years ago!

Wow!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:49 PM

I remember him now. Odd how that happens
Old 04-22-2008, 09:54 PM

Wow Dustin Thats crushing

Like I said in the other post, we use to AIM back and forth alot and had some really good talks. I knew he then started dating a girl from the board- Man is she pretty! Yes he went to Pepperdine University And then he was gone I tried PM'ing him and got no reply, That sucks, Good looking couple with everything going for them

It saddens me because like Neo, I have lots of internet friends over the years that come and go, but he was a special guy.

He will be in my prayers tonight
Old 04-22-2008, 09:58 PM

Buzzbomb was last on here about a year ago. Hasn't posted since 2003.

Last edited by Ace_437; 04-22-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:59 PM

Wow... that is terrible. I feel so weird because I felt like I knew him so well - yet I didn't have any idea this had happened apparently over 2 years ago. I even used to chat with buzzbomb from time to time. That's definitely her name... she drew me some art work for my company's annual party and I cut her a check for it... I remember that name very well for some reason. That was before they were even engaged, though.

Wow.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
WTF

Ouch...that definitely sucks. I didn't know him that well but I had some really great conversations with buzzbomb, I can't imagine what she went through.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Man. Remember the board member NeoPaladin?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.