F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Is this low of me?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 PM

Look... if this chick had a unibrow, you wouldn't even be making this thread... and you'd feel fine about it. She doesn't have a unibrow, but she does have an F trophy she received from some other guy who's no longer around... and somehow it's "low" to not be attracted to her because of the kid, even though the unibrow wouldn't be? I don't think so.

You're single... it's completely up to you who and what you are attracted to. Sure you could continue to date her and see who she really is beyond a single mom, but you could do the same thing with a really obese chick, too and it'd be the same difference.

A long time ago when I was a junior/senior in high school there was a girl completely infatuated with me that lived ~12 hours away. We talked all the time but there was no long distance relationship other than being friends and both agreeing once we graduated from HS we'd meet up to see if the spark was there in person. Anyhow... she started dating some other dude, admitted to me they were having sex... I warned her she might get pregnant (they weren't being smart about it) and bam... she gets pregnant. At that point I lost all interest in her. Dunno why but I didn't feel shallow about it. I told her up front. I stayed 'friends' with her but never cared for her at all romantically anymore.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Threxx View Post
Look... if this chick had a unibrow, you wouldn't even be making this thread... and you'd feel fine about it. She doesn't have a unibrow, but she does have an F trophy she received from some other guy who's no longer around... and somehow it's "low" to not be attracted to her because of the kid, even though the unibrow wouldn't be? I don't think so.
This is one of the funniest things I've seen Threxx post in a while.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 PM

No Pix No advice

P/S you big dummy
Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
I would think it would be more decent to just be upfront about it now.
Agreed, I dated a girl who had 2 kids and they weren't mine.

Never again...enough said. It's like your the father even if they expect you not to be, you end up throwing away alot of your free time and cannot do what you want.

Especially at your age, I don't drink and I'm 26...but I still like going with friends and having fun and you really cannot do what you please.

Ask yourself "Am I ready to settle down and have a family?" If the answer is No, run real far!

But then again, you could have an awesome connection with her and her kids as well so you could be missing out.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by z28marine View Post
Is the dad in the picture? If no, then she is looking for someone to play daddy and to support her and the kid.

Been there, and you definitely did the right thing by being upfront about it. To be honest, she's probably used to getting that response so you're not shattering her world or anything.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:09 AM

your young. but more importantly... TTIWWOP
Old 04-29-2009, 01:32 AM

Let me ask you this. If you were a single dad, would you want women to think any different of you?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by red1984 View Post
Let me ask you this. If you were a single dad, would you want women to think any different of you?
Do you have any idea how big of a turn on it is for a girl if you're a single dad? I'm sorry but that statement is wrong.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:15 AM

I dated a girl with a 10 year old daughter - I didn't think I would like being around kids - ended up with her daughter and I being best of buddies. A great experience.

Follow your gut!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by z28marine View Post
Is the dad in the picture? If no, then she is looking for someone to play daddy and to support her and the kid.
Ignorant statement at best.
You do not know that at all, and it is most certainly not a blanket statement you can lay down.

I am still dating a girl that has a kid, kid is now 4 months old, met her when she was 7 months prego. Father is not in the picture, She doesn't expect me to support her or the baby at all, she is quite capable of taking care of herself (better then most girls I have dated without kids btw) and her child.
And things are going great, I was scared, sometimes still am, but seeing where its going.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by johnny6 View Post
Do you have any idea how big of a turn on it is for a girl if you're a single dad? I'm sorry but that statement is wrong.
Troof!!!

It's never low to be honest with a chick, even if your honesty leads you to tell them something they don't wanna hear. Its better to be honest and tell her something she may not like than to be dishonest and put yourself in a situation you really don't wanna be in.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by johnny6 View Post
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm a single Dad with full time care right now of my kids... seems I get a lot of dings from chicks because of this.

Although, most of these girls have never been in a "long term relationship", still young (22-25), just out of college, and still looking for that "perfect life soulmate" type of deal. Not saying I blame them either.

Although, after they get a little closer to my age (28) it does start to become more of a turn on for some. Just more single young chicks around here then girls my age. BLAH
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ssbowtie1 View Post
Why would being honest with the girl be low of you?

Be upfront with her about everything and you'll have much less headaches.
This.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:25 PM

It's only low if you know that you want out now, but lead her on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this low of me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.