F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Goodbye Pontiac :(

Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 AM

Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 AM

Ugh. Aside from the CTS-V, and the Corvette, the G8 was the best car in GM's portfolio. And yes, the G6 is a decent commuter car. Roomiest midsize car for 4 adults that I found.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 AM

It's hard enough to get silly stuff/ parts for the GTO due to the limited build now it's going to be even better now the parent brand is going away

This sucks, I would have much rather seen Buick/ GMC go bye bye before Pontiac.

Am I going to have to give away my Pontiac now due to no re-sale? (not like it has much currently)
Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by GUTTERbOY View Post
Probably because it was just announced today.

I disagree. I really liked both of the G6s I've driven recently. If I was in the market for a new or slightly used commuter, it'd be high on my list.

I know I am biased because I own one... Its a decent little car... yes the iterior isn't as nice as some cars. But drives and rides well, has a little pep, little bit of character in appearance, and generally cheaper then the competition.

Considering the other cars on the market for $16,500, I think I did well.

Originally Posted by Shempy View Post
Ugh. Aside from the CTS-V, and the Corvette, the G8 was the best car in GM's portfolio. And yes, the G6 is a decent commuter car. Roomiest midsize car for 4 adults that I found.
Being 6'5" why I went with it. I can honestly say its the only car I have driven with 4 people in it, that I could drive comfortable in front seat and have a normal sized adult comfortable in the back seat. This included a 4 door GMC Jimmy, and crew cab RAM.

I am sure more are out there, but I didn't find any, definitely roomier then the Fusion and Mazda 6.

What kills me is it won car of the year, and was Consumer Reports reccomended for years, then hype just died for it?

Last edited by MustangEater82; 04-27-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:59 AM

The G8 will be around in some form or another most likely.

As for Pontiac dying . . . I can't say I'm suprised, nor should any of you be. How many threads have we seen on here, and how many discussions have we all had with our fellow car buddies that Pontiacs were nothing more than rebadged Chevrolets? Hell, at least with the Ion you couldn't tell it was a Cavalier just by casually looking at it.

I will miss the names, but I will not miss the cars.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 AM

Now my question...

How will new pontiacs sell how about the "Pontiac accessories" and crap. Will prices go up, be business as usually or are we talking liquidation sales?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM

You people are idiots. You're wanting to trim GM down to nothing but three brands, but two of those brands are outsold by Pontiac every year.

**** GM. I hope the whole god damn company goes under.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
You people are idiots. You're wanting to trim GM down to nothing but three brands, but two of those brands are outsold by Pontiac every year.

Wow . . . just wow. You don't have a Pontiac tattoo do you?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Hopefully they can keep the niche-brand status they originally planned for the G8 and Solstice
Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by El Duce View Post

Wow . . . just wow. You don't have a Pontiac tattoo do you?
My first four cars were Chevrolets. That doesn't stop me from seeing GM as the idiots that they are.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 AM

You need to look at how many of those Pontiac sales were fleet sales
Old 04-27-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by My Red 93Z-28 View Post
Hopefully they can keep the niche-brand status they originally planned for the G8 and Solstice
Call the Solstice the Chevelle and call the G8 the Impala. Then make the current "Impala" the Bel-Air.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Im not surprised it has been talked about for years now. Aside from the Trans Am/Firebird and the GTO I cant think of any other Pontiac that got my attention. The ones I have been in or driven seemed to be poorly built. I hate to see Pontiac go away though. We all know that most of GM's different divisions pretty much make the same car or truck with only different interior and exterior.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Now my question...

How will new pontiacs sell how about the "Pontiac accessories" and crap. Will prices go up, be business as usually or are we talking liquidation sales?
Good question.

Will we be able to go to a Chevrolet dealer and order that trim piece or Pontiac specific model part? When I bought my GTO used I needed to order all kinds of little parts like the gray lug covers, front license plate bracket, interior trim parts....
Old 04-27-2009, 09:28 AM

My first four cars were Chevrolets. That doesn't stop me from seeing GM as the idiots that they are.
30 years in the making. Besides the G8, the Fiero and the Solstice, they haven't put out any cars in the last 30 years that will be remembered. Hell, if it wasn't for the G8 GT/GXP, I doubt it will be remembered either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Goodbye Pontiac :(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.