F-body Lounge All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc.
Please, no content above a PG-13 rating or political/religious content.

Deadliest Warrior

Old 06-06-2009, 04:12 PM

Deadliest Warrior

There is this show on SPIKE TV called "deadliest warrior" which simulates combat between two differnent types of fighters which would never see eachother.

Right now, they are pitting a Spartan soldier VS. a Ninja.

Before that, it was a Viking VS. a Samurai.

It's a neat show, but it neglects one major factor: where and when.

A ninja would never go head to head with anyone. He would sneak up behind you and kill you. A spartan would never fight alone. A single spartan wasn't even that great. They were powerful because they had very advanced infantry tactics that allowed them to dominate when fighting as a team.

Anyone seen the show?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:42 PM

pretty good show. lots of threads about it on here
Old 06-06-2009, 04:47 PM

I've seen all the episodes and if nothing, it's pretty entertaining. They tout their "scientific" process' and equipment, but at the same time they seem to neglect alot of variables and have some just plain goofy ways of comparing some weapons (ie rangers vs spetzna grenade comparo).

Also...knight vs pirate, pirate wins?! BS!!
Old 06-06-2009, 04:53 PM

I've seen all the episodes so far and yeah, it's pretty entertaining. I like it and if they happen to have another season next year, I'm sure it'll wind up on the DVR. Is it the most precise and accurate answer to who would win in any of these fights? Probably not.. But it's still fun to watch and argue over.

Originally Posted by JG/70Z View Post
Also...knight vs pirate, pirate wins?! BS!!
Same thing I thought at first (and still wouldn't be upset about if the knight won).. But in the show's defense, guns do have a way of equalizing things.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:01 PM

i don't enjoy the shows with guns. the old weapons you never see in action are the neatest to watch
Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 PM

It's interesting to watch and entertaining, somewhat contrived, and will run out of stuff soon enough. Best part is how whiney the proponents get when their side is lagging behind.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jkipp84 View Post
I've seen all the episodes so far and yeah, it's pretty entertaining. I like it and if they happen to have another season next year, I'm sure it'll wind up on the DVR. Is it the most precise and accurate answer to who would win in any of these fights? Probably not.. But it's still fun to watch and argue over.

Same thing I thought at first (and still wouldn't be upset about if the knight won).. But in the show's defense, guns do have a way of equalizing things.
totally, except the pistols did nothing against the knights armor and the shotgun seemed pretty unreliable, but it was deadly when it fired and hit.

I was suprised no one had a post on here about the spetzna vs rangers episode...
Old 06-06-2009, 05:09 PM

The knight VS pirate episode is on right now. I LOL'd when they first said the match up. Now that I know who wins, I'm gonna watch something else.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:31 PM

I've watched every single episode. Great show.

A quick word about the U.S. Special Forces (Green Berets, not Rangers) vs. Russian Spetznaz - I thought it was complete BS that they picked the Russians' ballistic knife over the U.S. entrenching tool. The E-tool almost cut a dummy's head in half with one swing. The knife doesn't seem to hard to dodge or block, and if you miss you're left without a weapon. Also, the Russians' entire strategy seemed to be "roll around on the ground and fire full-auto."
Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 PM

I wonder how many E-nerds have gotten on the shows suggestion website and requested a pirate vs. ninja episode?
Old 06-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
I've watched every single episode. Great show.

A quick word about the U.S. Special Forces (Green Berets, not Rangers) vs. Russian Spetznaz - I thought it was complete BS that they picked the Russians' ballistic knife over the U.S. entrenching tool. The E-tool almost cut a dummy's head in half with one swing. The knife doesn't seem to hard to dodge or block, and if you miss you're left without a weapon. Also, the Russians' entire strategy seemed to be "roll around on the ground and fire full-auto."
this.

i didnt like the way the crappy shots were judged a kill shot for the pistol comparo, either. getting hit just under your right collar bone is not an instant kill. you might go down, and bleed out EVENTUALLY if nobody helps you and you dont have the self aid buddy care knowledge that everyone in the military has, but youre still going to be able to shoot the **** in the back after he walks past you.

can russia even afford their spetznaz anymore?