Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

header gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:50 PM

header gaskets

Hey everyone,just out of curiosity I bought some header gaskets called "Mr. Gasket"is the brand,they are thick aluminum ones,n got them from AutoZone for about 30 dollars was wondering if anyone has used them before?

The reason for the gaskets is because apparently exactly two years ago a mechanic did a head gasket job n when he put the headers back in he messed up the threads on the driver side.

So I took the car to the exhaust shop so they can redo my headers and gaskets install for me n they told me bad news that there was nothing they can to get the bolts in for the headers because the threads were so bad,they said only way to get the bolts in is to get a set of new heads.

I was like I can't afford that I just spent money in the head job in first place which only gave mechanic 600 for a down payment bcuz he was want 1100 but I never gave the rest because he screwed up the camaro bad.

I apologize for the long story everyone,so I decided last night to pull the header gasket Off n found a thin aluminum gasket n had burn marks in the gasket, so I took a q tip n clean the threads n put different bolts in n walla all nice n tight after I put in gasket smoothly. So I basically was trying to get ripped off by the exhaust shop bcuz a guy said he can redo my heads for 900 dollars