CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   East South Central (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/east-south-central-31/)
-   -   start planning a new cruise night.. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/east-south-central-31/start-planning-new-cruise-night-523689/)

godspeed1976 05-31-2007 10:33 AM

Just let me know soon so I can make plans with my family, and call Kenny.

1blk93Z 05-31-2007 11:47 AM

hey dude, ive been out all day on the flight line workin on the planes.I havent had a chance to ask about this weekend, but im gonna do it in just a min., then i'll post on here, and e-mail u.

godspeed1976 05-31-2007 12:13 PM

I just got off the phone with Kenny, and he has several jobs in now that are gonna fill up the shop. He said that we better hold off this weekend, but would call me if things changed. He didnt sound like they would though.

Sorry dude!!

Got some good news though. I found a guy in Wetumpka who came highly recommended by my family to set up my rear axle. He races too so I definately trust him, not to mention he only carges $100 to do it. While I do have to wait a few weeks before he can get to it, I am sure he will be worth the wait!! So...... if you want to get yours set up too then I am sure he will do it.

1blk93Z 05-31-2007 04:43 PM

huh, that dont sound like a bad idea.
i may havta talk to christy aboutit.maybe he'll give us a 2fer good deal on 2 jobs.If he sets them up right, and good, we may be able to get him a lil more business, if he wants it of course..
thats ok about the shop. If he is too buisy, maybe i can just trailer the car to mikes house and do it. He just got a new mig welder. who is this guy that ur talkin bout(name)?

godspeed1976 05-31-2007 08:13 PM

David Woodard (think its Woodard) He has a brother named Clarence. The have that hole in the wall shop between O'Rielys and the bridge downtown. My Uncle Kenny has been telling me for a while that he is the guy I need to get to set it up. Not to mention before my wife's pa pa passed away he said that I should get him to did it. Stand up guy, with a rock solid reputation.

I told him I would pay more then $100 if he would let me hang out and watch and he said I didnt have to pay extra. That if everything goes as it should then even $100 is too much. Considering every place in town wants at LEAST $325 and a week, and Beck from ATCO doing side work was asking $225 this is a total steal!

I dont know what all he does or likes to do, but you can bet if he is wanting more business Im gonna give it to him. Im looking for some LT1 heads now to build up, and talking to Llyod Ellot about making me a custom spec cam.

I dunno know Kennys shop will be available to us, it maybe fine next weekend. He just said this week it was very tight. So if you cant trailor the car to your friend house then we can shoot for next week!

BTW B-Ham F-Body Association is having a track day June 24th at Steele. $10 to run. Terry Sweat at HPA will be there. If you dont know HPA specializes in LT1 Tuning. :D

More info:
http://bhamfbody.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1314

1blk93Z 05-31-2007 10:15 PM

huh. lemme know when u go to do it, i may drop by, if he doesnt mind, and see what itll cost me.

godspeed1976 06-01-2007 06:46 AM

Are you any closer to having a date and location for this cruise?

1blk93Z 06-01-2007 11:58 AM

pfweeeew. I wish. I dont have any idea right now. There is talk in the air of some 12 hr shifts here really soon maybe for this whole month. We got a plane we gotta get out of here in like 20 days, verses 45 days,. so i dont have a clue, plus i gotta take my right header off, and bead blast it to see where it is leaking at, then weld it, and hi temp paint it, and bake it here at work ,if i can..I'llprolly take both of em off, and do that to um
i gotta put new gaskets on um anyways..

godspeed1976 06-01-2007 12:43 PM

You know you can come up with an idea while you are at work or before you go to bed. Then we can kinda let you know what our schedules are later.

June is gonna be busy for me anyways. Somthing in July or August would be better. However Im gonna hook up with Rouven soon and go out with him since he has is mustang together. Ill definately call you when we go out.

1blk93Z 06-01-2007 02:18 PM

oh i see how it is, u traitor. now ur gonna want a ford or sumthin...lol
we'll see.

godspeed1976 06-02-2007 09:59 AM

LOL I hang out with a Ford guy so I always feel good about my Firebird :D

1blk93Z 06-02-2007 11:21 AM

ha nice one.hey whenever i get my sfc's, and ds safety loop, and slicks on, i want a rematch. ok.

1blk93Z 06-02-2007 11:22 AM

then we'll almost be even.. cept ull have the gears on me.and a tranny that shifts right, and a stall..... huh, maybe it wont be very even at all..
lol

godspeed1976 06-03-2007 06:44 PM

The problem in that 302 was someone dropped a bolt in the intake the night before so now he has a cracked piston with a bolt embedded in it, and som minor head problems.

Erik you will certainly have no problems beating me once you get some traction I am sure. Im looking forward to running you once you get all your stuff put on.

1blk93Z 06-03-2007 08:07 PM

me too, but it may be more evenly matched than ur thinking. with the miles on my ride, itll def be interesting